New LA outdoor sets photos

commontone

Oh come one..that woman is dressed exactly the way Karen Allen was on the Comic Con feed. She's walking away from a trailer, toward a caddy. I'm pretty sure it's Karen Allen (or her stunt double) leaving her trailer, about to be taken to work by the little electric car. Not that it's any kind of big deal, but it seems pretty obvious to me.

littledavid2

commontone said:
Oh come one..that woman is dressed exactly the way Karen Allen was on the Comic Con feed. She's walking away from a trailer, toward a caddy. I'm pretty sure it's Karen Allen (or her stunt double) leaving her trailer, about to be taken to work by the little electric car. Not that it's any kind of big deal, but it seems pretty obvious to me.

I think we REALLY need some fresh official news guys....

commontone

littledavid2 said:
I think we REALLY need some fresh official news guys....

LOL...that post makes me sound waaaayyy more obsessive than I am! I don't really care about that photo. It's just someone dressed exactly like Marion, is all I'm saying.

But I agree, if we're down to debating whether or not this tiny person doing nothing is Karen Allen...we need some news, a new teaser film, or something.

littledavid2

Right Pal! that's what I meant...no offense:D . I also speak for myself... we were used to get juicy news almost everyweek and now we are left with supposedly-real spy photos that we treat like proofs of a crime....
Hey? Mr Spielberg? Anybody? Could you please give us poor guys something new??
We don't need the real title of the film, we don't need the real MCGuffin? Just Give us ANYTHING! A short video...A little picture showing little Cate...I don't Know..
Otherwise we will be forced to deal with even more skilled spies that will do anything to catch spoilerish photos from your set!Muahahahhaha!!

Rob67

You know, from my experience looking forward to big movies...the build up always makes the film appear better then it ends up being. I hope I'm wrong (at least for the person who is tracing the clothing of a person from a bird eye photo's sake!) and that the movie kicks ass...but I am wary about being so worried about every detail.

Kingsley

Well, that BackLot guy made some commentaries about the photos he could gather...

I am far too lazy to register/post on other websites, clearly a lot of people are reading this thread so let me just throw this out there...

I think people are reading way FAR into the Egyptian props. I believe these props to be used as background filler for this Ante Chamber set. Yes, there's probably going to be better designed and custom built props but these are just to add clutter to the set, etc. So for the folks on the Raider.net forum going on about how goofy some of them may look, or some of them may be based on cats like tutankhamen, they probably have nothing to do with the story, like I said, they're simply filler.

And just to clarify, these egyptian photos were not taken on a set. So anything you see in the background has nothing to do with Indiana Jones.

Oh, and one more thing. The SuperHero hold cards are for another production that has nothing to do with Indy, either. Set Decorators go into a prop house and as if they were shopping, they find what they want, place a hold card on it. Then the property department makes a list of everything that has a hold card on it, calls the production office and gives them a rental qoute for the props. Multiple productions use these props often back to back, and as you can see these dates are very close to one another, hopefully that clears that up too. Carry on :)

hope this clarifyes some suppositions. And yes, I want fresh news soon...

Professor Jones

Rob67 said:
You know, from my experience looking forward to big movies...the build up always makes the film appear better then it ends up being. I hope I'm wrong (at least for the person who is tracing the clothing of a person from a bird eye photo's sake!) and that the movie kicks ass...but I am wary about being so worried about every detail.

I've got not the same experience of yours about looking forward to big movies, but I can tell you that I've got the same fear.

and it's not a fear based on facts... but just the irrational fear of seeing spoiled one of my myths: Indy. But once again I'll repeat: I trust on Steven!!! :whip:

jtobin13

egyption items

When i went to my fitting for genre they were also fitting the mummy. Could those pix really be for the mummy???,john

thebacklot

jtobin13 said:
When i went to my fitting for genre they were also fitting the mummy. Could those pix really be for the mummy???,john

The Mummy is shooting in Montreal, Canada, not in the U.S.