Non-Indy Fanart

nezobiwan

I used to do a lot of drawing in high school. It's been years since I picked up a pencil though. Here's a "best of" for those interested:

Jackone.jpg

An 8x10 I did after the first POTC movie came out.

anakin.jpg

Also 8x10, I sent this in to Bantha Tracks and they said they would post it on their online edition, but I don't have a subscription so I don't know if it ever made it on there. Oh well, lot's of people have done this particular photo and I'm not especially happy with it. There's something wrong with his mouth or nose.

howjohnwon.jpg

This is about 20 inches tall. This is John Lennon in "How I Won the War" which is a pretty crappy movie to be honest. It was one of only a few drawings I've done totally by hand. I usually grid everything out.

bigmarryme.jpg

That last one is Ewan McGregor, who I've probably drawn the most. The drawing is I think 20x18 or something like that. He's such an easy subject--to stare at him for hours is pretty pleasant. :)

If you want to see some more of my art (drawings and other artistic works) you can go to my deviant art page. Drawings are on the second and third page, if you're curious about those specifically. I kind of miss drawing. Maybe I'll try my hand at an Indy picture. I don't know that I've ever drawn a woman's portrait. Natalie Portman would be a cool subject. :D

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
Nice work, Katarn07 and Nezobiwan. (y)

Fanart isn´t really my thing, but I did try to draw House M.D. a while ago.

mens.jpg

nezobiwan

Ayrun said:
I like it! I'm not into that show, but I could tell exactly who it was supposed to be. I checked out your homepage too. I like your animal drawings. It's much more difficult to come up with brand new concepts.

I consider myself basically a "copier."

This is the only thing that I've ever drawn without a reference or griding of any kind:
odedfehr.jpg

It's Oded Fehr from "The Mummy." Ardeth Bay is the character. Without a reference or griding, my stuff gets quite out of proportion!

Katarn07

Kyle Katarn as seen in the original Dark Forces

KyleKatarn-RebelAgent.jpg

Kyle Katarn as seen in Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast (this is really old and I realize it sucks, but it is Kyle Katarn so felt I had to share it. It also shows my improvement as an artist :p)

KyleKatarn-JediOutcast.jpg

The similarities between their poses was a complete accident. I'm gonna redo the Jedi Outcast version to be in an action pose and plan on doing a Mysteries of the Sith version where he turns to the Darkside.

Katarn07

Here's one I did during a few periods of Diversity class.

Ridley Scott's Gladiator
Gladiator.jpg

And here's the stuff I have to draw when working with kids :eek:

Bikini Bottom
BikiniBottom.jpg

It's all from memory and I'm actually surprised how well it turned out considering I haven't watched the show in years.

eroc

Katarn07 said:
Thanks for the words of encouragement, Ren. I made up for that Anakin with one of him from Return of the Jedi. It's not done from memory, but all I used was my 1/6 scale action figure. It's not quite finished yet. I'm looking for some reference photos to perfect his mouth (the action figure is smiling, I need him like he's talking to Luke) and finish the lower part of the helmet. I also think his rebreather needs to be bigger and actually cover his mouth a bit.

Anakin Skywalker (Vader Unmasked) (WIP)
site1021.jpg

reminds me of this:<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HSZoDwOvUt8&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HSZoDwOvUt8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

adventure_al

I've never been trained to do portrait drawings so when I can I try to steer clear of faces. I like art and have done a fair bit of figure drawing and some fine art courses. These have inspired me to try my hand at some fan art. Some Indy-style clad figures may be in order.

|ZiR|

This thread had me soooo confused because I had Kyle Katarn mixed up with Carth Onasi from Knights of the Old Republic. I knew there was no way so many people could like that whiny lady-boy.
"Wahh, my wife and son were killed, but I don't want to talk about it so just ignore me when I mention them in EVERY OTHER CONVERSATION we'll ever have."
According to wikipedia Kyle was in the FPS SW game my brother had. I don't remember much of it -- I know I used to go into the bar area of the first(?) level and listen to the catania music loop endlessly. Haha.

Anyway, moving on. Katarn07, your art's great! You're really good at drawing clothing, which seems to be the hardest area for me. I can't do it right unless I have a picture for reference. I'm OK at like, everything else. Do you have any tips?

emtiem

Here's a Young Bond fan cover I did recently:

doubledie_mtm_sml.jpg

Hopefully you guys'll like it as it has a bit of an Indy feel!

The Golden Idol

That's awesome, emtiem!

DocWhiskey, what font did you use for the text "THE JOKER!" in the "Better Class of Criminal" Joker Poster?

DIrishB

I did this the other day at work (what?...its been a slow summer). This is a scan of a color copy (the original is still at work), so it lost a lot of the shading and blending of the colors in the hair. I did the colors with a red pen, highlighters for the hair (yellow and blue, with black Sharpie for texture),and pencils/pen for shading...I basically just used what was laying around my office. I'll try to scan the original and post that, it'll look much better. Its definitly an early Vertigo comics type approach, I'd say. And in case you can't tell, its the Joker (Ledger).

Joker.jpg