Official: Burtt On Board

The Man

"I love the character and the series so much, I just had to be part of Crystal Skull. It's very nostalgic for us because the film is stylistically going back to Raiders." - Ben Burtt, The Indiana Jones Diaries

Finn

Staff member
WooHoo, here's for those trademark punching effects & the Wilhelm scream!

The Man

Finn said:
WooHoo, here's for those trademark punching effects & the Wilhelm scream!

The overall vibes you get from the Diaries interviews is that Skull is vintage Indy.

Finn

Staff member
TheMan said:
The overall vibes you get from the Diaries interviews is that Skull is vintage Indy.
Well... if it ain't broken, don't fix it. I'm glad they got that one.

Adamwankenobi

TheMan said:
"I love the character and the series so much, I just had to be part of Crystal Skull. It's very nostalgic for us because the film is stylistically going back to Raiders." - Ben Burtt, The Indiana Jones Diaries

(y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

fixer79

Wow, that's great news!
I really didn't think this would happen... but I'm sure glad it did!

Go Bennie!
:D

Dr. Gonzo

I am so glad! I was worried for awhile... he was not listed anywhere. Now I can sit back and relax until May.

Avilos

This is great!

The Sound Effects are one of the very last things done on a film. So even if he was not listed there was time until the very lasted minute for him to be involved.

commontone

My only major misgiving about the film--I have no complaints with Shia, aliens, Koepp/Nathanson, whatever--was that Burtt was nowhere in sight. I'm sure they would have found a very talented, top sound man to take his place, but it would have been the only major area where the original talent was not involved (besides Slocombe--but Janusz is no inadequate substitute).

Now that we know he's in...wow, this will be an authentic Indy film to the max. And to hear him say that it's "Raiders"-style is fantastic.

Michael24

I didn't even know Burtt had left LFL. When did this happen, and why did he leave?

commontone said:
My only major misgiving about the film--I have no complaints with Shia, aliens, Koepp/Nathanson, whatever--was that Burtt was nowhere in sight. I'm sure they would have found a very talented, top sound man to take his place, but it would have been the only major area where the original talent was not involved (besides Slocombe--but Janusz is no inadequate substitute).

And Robert Watts. :)

commontone

Michael24 said:
And Robert Watts. :)

Yes, but the producer chair is still filled by Frank Marshall and Kathleen Kennedy (and Lucas) -- definite original representation from the producer side of things.

Michael24

commontone said:
Yes, but the producer chair is still filled by Frank Marshall and Kathleen Kennedy (and Lucas) -- definite original representation from the producer side of things.

True enough. It was more just a curiosity thing as to why Watts was not involved. Anybody know?

martinland

TheMan said:
Hurray for Ben! Ta dadaa TAAA *punch* *whip* *whatever* :D :whip: