OUR own Forum Movie JOHN TOBIN is IN KOTCS!!

Stoo

John Tobin Action Figure Idea

If I customized action figures, I'd make one for you that matches your character.
Unfortunately, Mr. Tobin, I do not. Anyone feel up to the task?:D

Hats off to you!:hat:

inky_skin

Fred C. Dobbs Cameo

I'd heard a rumour that there is a Humphrey Bogart impersonator in the Mexican market scene, dressed as Fred C. Dobbs from Treasure of the Sierra Madre. We don't get the DVD in the UK until Nov 10 - can anyone locate the cameo and post a screen grab ? Much appreciated...

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
That character was played by actor John Tobin and he is in the marketplace on Indy's left as he speaks to Mutt about Panco Villia. He was interviewed on the Indy-Cast back around podcast #31 -

He is a great guy and an uncanny resemblence to Humprey Bogart! and went to school with me in New Haven at SCSU!

inky_skin

Mitchellhallock said:
That character was played by actor John Tobin and he is in the marketplace on Indy's left as he speaks to Mutt about Panco Villia. He was interviewed on the Indy-Cast back around podcast #31 -

He is a great guy and an uncanny resemblence to Humprey Bogart! and went to school with me in New Haven at SCSU!

Fantastic - thanks for the info Mitchell !

caats

dobb.png

torao

Moderator Emeritus
I just couldn't make him out. Maybe now is the time to post a screenshot.

lol ...edit: nevermind.

Thanks caats.
Small world...

inky_skin

Thanks caats. I think the costume is pretty close...

treasure1.jpg

...and given that John is a Bogart impersonator and listed on IMDB as "Sierra Madre Cowboy" is it confirmed that the intention was the he was a direct nod to Frank Dobbs ?

Mods - apologies to all for not picking this thread out already - I appreciate it being merged.

Stoo said:
If I customized action figures, I'd make one for you that matches your character.
Unfortunately, Mr. Tobin, I do not. Anyone feel up to the task?:D

Hats off to you!:hat:

Incidentally, if you're reading this John/jtobin13 and would like a custom fig - drop me a line...I recently completed this "Bogart":

bogart.jpg

jtobin13

photo Spielburg took of Sieera Madre trio-Mitch

Mithch,Inky yes I would like to obtain or see a pix of a Kotcs bogie as Fred C Dobbs!
Unfortunetly no sign of ot in any of the books or dvd. Steven S first took one of us 3 with our burros then a single of me.(with his blackberry ).I even wrote his office for a copy to no avail,,oh well ( see indy cast 32) on myspace
jtobin13myspace

Last edited:

Forbidden Eye

I've read this thread months ago, but I thought since it's back up, to say congrats to jtobin13 for getting into an Indiana Jones movies. :whip: (y) Truly fun knowing that one of us was able to accomplish something like that.

It's also interesting to know how far they went to find a Humphrey Bogart impersonator for such a small cameo. (though IIRC, John said on the IndyCast the role was originally going to be bigger).

Lance Quazar

Heh.

Wow, I had no idea there was a Dobbs cameo in "Crystal Skull."

Very amusing.

Congrats to Mr. Tobin.

If only we could have had Rick Blaine in "Raiders" and Archibald Cutter in "Doom."

Maybe Major Reisman in Castle Brunwald...?

jtobin13

indycast note

Thanks Forbidden eys ,but i believe i said in indycast 32 that i'd hoped the Sierra Madre guys would be seen longer to establish them, not just as a couple of cowboys in the market with burros
john