Performer Dies at Indy show at Disney

Goonie

Wow, third death at Disney World in 7 weeks? I heard about the Monorail accident, but I didn't hear about the accident that took place after that.

That's too bad. My condolences to the Indiana Jones show performer's family.

lao che & sons

Goonie said:
Wow, third death at Disney World in 7 weeks? I heard about the Monorail accident, but I didn't hear about the accident that took place after that.

That's too bad. My condolences to the Indiana Jones show performer's family.

what happened on the monorail?

My thoughts go to the family as well.

Goonie

lao che & sons said:
what happened on the monorail?

My thoughts go to the family as well.

I can't remember if one monorail rear-ended the other one, somehow they collided and one of the drivers died. I think it was monrail purple that was involved. I think the outcome was human error, and not a malfunction.

lao che & sons

Goonie said:
I can't remember if one monorail rear-ended the other one, somehow they collided and one of the drivers died. I think it was monrail purple that was involved. I think the outcome was human error, and not a malfunction.

ok thanks, I just did some research and you're right the 2 monorails crashed and one of the drivers died also the second death was of a stunt performer who was injured. Man disney has been hit hard lately. :(

Dewy9

That's terrible to hear. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Anyone who's seen the Indy stunt show knows how excellent that show is. That, along with Star Tours, are my two absolutely favorite theme park attractions.

epicbadguy

I knew Slavi well. I performed for years with his brother, Ivo. I also worked with Slavi on the upcoming movie, "The Devil's Nine." He was a gifted tumbler and a joy to be around. He will be greatly missed.

As a twenty year vet of EPIC, I have seen many injuries, including my own. We work in extreme heat and humidity to packed crowds, year round. We, the stunt people and actors of Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular, strive for excellence.

I believe that the Disney system has let us down. I have always held that emergency units should be on "The Slab" whenever stunt activity is underway. Alpha units are available during performance times, but are absent for off-hour rehearsals. The liklihood of injury is more prevelant in rehearsals as new elements and performers are being implemented.

I have been vocal about this in the past. With the death of a close friend and collegue, I will redouble my efforts.

D