Peru's Version of Indy's Fedora

Merek Jones

Hey! I thought it would fun to share this with everyone. A buddy of mine, his wife comes from Lima, Peru. When they went on a trip back to her country they brought me back this hat. I know it's not a fedora, but my buddy was telling me that these hats are popular down there because they sell them to tourists as the "Peru's Version Of the Indiana Jones Fedora". Whether true or not and I know there are major differances in the hats, but I just thought it would be interesting to share. I guess everyone has a gimmick now-a-days. ;)

http://www.atlfrog.com/indianajones/img_5241.jpg
http://www.atlfrog.com/indianajones/img_5242.jpg

Merek Jones

Last edited:

Merek Jones

Your not kidding. I am happy to receive anything from a far off land. I have things from India, European stuff, etc. But when I saw the hat I was like, this has a similiar shape and all, but an Indiana Jones fedora. I think not. My buddy is a huge Indiana Jones fan, and has a few fedora's at his home, but I thought it was a funny story. :p

The_Raiders

Ya know, I don't think it's too bad really, speaking of Indy hats I bought one at a store the other day, It's the same shape as Indys, but not really color acurate, kind of a tanish-light brown, still does the trick tho... :whip:

Blue Jay

it doesnt look bad at all!
I think it actually looks quite good, i mean it is a bit thin, but if it is really blocked and you get a bigger ribbon you are set for may 22 :hat:

The_Raiders

Yeah I had to replace the ribbon on the hat I just bought too. The brim on this hat tho looks kinda thin, but if it's supose to be an Indy hat it's good for me. :)

Merek Jones

Hey! Yeah it's really thin, but the bad news is my head is too big. I can't wear it. :rolleyes: Hopefully I will be able to find a descent fedora before May 22nd.

The_Raiders

Yeah, I believe a good fedora runs from $40-on up, i got a really good Indy-shaped fedor for $40.00, it's not really color-acurate like I said but I still like it. :whip:

Deckard

I still think most peoples best option is the Akubra Federation or if you can afford it the AF Deleuxe. The Federation will cost you about as much as the "Fine fur felt" Dorkman Pathetic hat and is way way way better.