Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

Montana Smith

WillKill4Food said:
Not sure I understand why the mermaids are topless. Seems like even if they cover them with their long flowing hair or perfectly-placed objects, the "family-oriented" Americans would probably prefer closure with a sea-shell bra or something. Granted, I understand that "realism" seems to be the goal, but we're talking about mermaids... Ya know?

If it was good enough for Daryl Hannah... ;)

darryl-hannah-splash.jpg

TheMutt92

Pirates 5 being written, to be another standalone...

http://blog.moviefone.com/2011/03/30/pirates-of-the-caribbean-5/

Jerry Bruckheimer and his band of merry Disney executives are happy enough with 'Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides' that they've already started working on the script for the franchise's fifth installment.

The one thing that's really working, it seems, is the idea of creating one stand-alone story instead of trying to tie the fourth installment to some larger, multi-film story arc like they did with the original trilogy. After watching the latest film with test audiences, Bruckheimer told USA Today, "The audience told us what they loved about it is that it was fresh, it was new, it was a whole new story. So that will carry over into the next one, too, to give it something fresh and different. As long as the audience embraces this one, we'll certainly try to make another one. It's really up to Johnny. He loves the character.

The Man

<object width="720" height="448"><param name="movie" value="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/37816"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/37816" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" allowfullscreen="true" width="720" height="448"></embed></object>​

RedeemedChild

TheMutt92 said:
That's what it looks like to me. One thing I've always appreciated about this franchise is that it has embraced the themes of life, death, and resurrection in full. All Jack wants to do is live forever on the sea, but to do so usually requires unwanted sacrifice or consequences (as exemplified by Barbossa and Davy Jones).

I couldn't agree more man.

TheMutt92

A second featurette. Nothing much, but Geoffrey Rush seems to be having fun (he appears in his original pirate outfit, so does anyone think we'll see Barbossa outside of his privateer appearance?)

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iB_WP4fwGow" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RedeemedChild

Here is a link to the trailer for the LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean game. I hope we get another LEGO Indiana Jones game so we can play it in 3D on the Nintendo 3DS.

JackBurton

RedeemedChild said:
Here is a link to the trailer for the LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean game. I hope we get another LEGO Indiana Jones game so we can play it in 3D on the Nintendo 3DS.

At the moment I don't think there will be a new Lego Indiana Jones Game. Maybe an adaption of the second but this is also very unlikely.

kongisking

TheMutt92 said:
A second featurette. Nothing much, but Geoffrey Rush seems to be having fun (he appears in his original pirate outfit, so does anyone think we'll see Barbossa outside of his privateer appearance?)

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iB_WP4fwGow" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thank God...this means the Barbossa I loved in the trilogy is not gone...

And it's cool that they will be making this series kind of like Indy, in that each film is a stand-alone adventure. As much as I loved the trilogy's epic arc, I do prefer stories that are self-contained, so this is awesome news.

BTW, that mermaid girl in the photos above looks so adorably innocent, I just want to hug her. I love the new romantic subplot involving her. Sounds like Disney paying tribute to Little Mermaid (there I go again with more Ariel references...sheesh!).

RedeemedChild

kongisking said:
...that mermaid girl in the photos above looks so adorably innocent, I just want to hug her. I love the new romantic subplot involving her. Sounds like Disney paying tribute to Little Mermaid (there I go again with more Ariel references...sheesh!).

Ah, what's wrong with that? Make all the Ariel references you want to make. I like mermaids, especially The Little Mermaid!

TheMutt92

kongisking said:
And it's cool that they will be making this series kind of like Indy, in that each film is a stand-alone adventure. As much as I loved the trilogy's epic arc, I do prefer stories that are self-contained, so this is awesome news.

I never understood how people referred to the first three films as one standalone story over three films. Sure, there are a number of characters, locations, elements in all three... but to me, the plot in the first film is completely different from that of two and three. Even two and three are different in terms of plot, yet its more a build up in that case.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Only $1,000 a ticket to see it premiered on the Frontier Land Stage. piratespremier.com...I think.

With all the money I make doing this moderating stuff, I'm a shoe in.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Pale Horse said:
Only $1,000 a ticket to see it premiered on the Frontier Land Stage. piratespremier.com...I think.

With all the money I make doing this moderating stuff, I'm a shoe in.

So the shoe should get you about five bucks...how about the other $995?

Goonie

Another new poster. Finally one that matches the style of the DVD covers of the first three movies:

PiratesOSTPoster.jpg

JRJENNINGS86

cant wait! i am excited that Ian Mcshane is playing good ole' Edward Teach (Blackbeard) I really want to know how Hector lost his leg?

kongisking

JRJENNINGS86 said:
cant wait! i am excited that Ian Mcshane is playing good ole' Edward Teach (Blackbeard) I really want to know how Hector lost his leg?

I hope it doesn't hinder his sword skills. What's a pirate without swordsmanship?