Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest

EvilDevo

elizabeth reaches for her weapon... fumbles around, and then looks at her opponents (two of them, with swords) and does the nervous laugh like indy does in temple of doom. in case you miss it the first time... they do it again about two minutes later.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I noticed that too. And how the natives chase Jack reminded me of Indy being chased by Natives in Raiders. And there was also a rope bridge involved. And there was two rolling circular contraptions in two sequences. No one being necessarily chased however. There was also a reference to Return of the Jedi, where Jack was considered a God to the natives and the others were either locked away or eaten.

Last edited:

PhantomStranger

"Dead Mans Chest" is (in my opinion) the best movie of the summer. Great action. cool villians, sea monsters, sword fights and great FX. A total blast. Can't wait for part 3

roundshort

WOW, LOVED this movie, this is a perfect example of CGI done right! There was enough of it that it looked in place, without being too much. The whole movie flowed, and I really like what they did with Norrington, I really liked his character in the first one, how they didn't just make him a "bad guy" I was glad to see him. The relationships were great. I just wish it was a bit shorter, but I think 99% of all movies are too long anyhow. I look forward to seeing this again, and how about the end? Next May is too far away!

Gotro

I just saw it. It was everything I wanted to see and more. I loved the ending. One of the better movies that has came out in a long time.

roundshort

Gotro said:
I just saw it. It was everything I wanted to see and more. I loved the ending. One of the better movies that has came out in a long time.

Totally, I really don't remember leaving a movie feeling so positivly about it in a long time. I was very surprised to see the ending! Good for Disney, I am going to hit Disneyland up in a few weeks to see the changes of POTC ride.

roundshort

temple of john said:
I'm surprised actually. I thought this movie was going to be a letdown but thats not what I am hearing. I hope to see it this weekend.

Do it, Hell, even clinty liked it, and he hates everything (that doesn't have chainmalle in it). Disney really knows how to do things and Bruckheimer can make a popcorn muncher better than anyone!

roundshort

ClintonHammond said:
"he hates everything"

Not everything... just you

Shucks, thats not nice, i think you kinda like me, you certainly respond to all my posts . . .clinty, do you have a secert, I am flattered, but I am straight, sorry.

"why I think he hates me"
I don't hate you at all... I don't even know you.

"Keep it clean"
That's rich Aaron.... rich enough to make Bill Gates look like a Delhi street urchin....

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
ClintonHammond said:
"why I think he hates me"
I don't hate you at all... I don't even know you.

"Keep it clean"
That's rich Aaron.... rich enough to make Bill Gates look like a Delhi street urchin....

And you know Shorty personally? Wow! I'm not hated. Real compliment coming from you. I'm of the very few who can tease around here and not be hated. Damn I'm good!

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
ClintonHammond said:
Sweet, I'm richer than Bill Gates! All of my bills are taken care of!:rolleyes:

Now to get back on topic. I might add that if any further off topic posts are made they will be deleted and the offender warned. "Savy?"

roundshort

Went and saw the movie again, although too long, I think I might actually like ti better than the fist one. The story line and the inner conflit of charaters is very rich, soemthng you usually don't find in a summer blockbuster. Disney and the Bruckster really have it nailed here. If the third one stands up, and there is no reason to beleive it won't, this may be, in my opinion, the best action adventure trilogy ever made. It is not as epic in nature as star wars, or patroitic as Indy, but for flow and quailty, if that third on stands up . . .

Who would have thought that sucha great franchise would come from a ride! Now lets see what the Transformers is like . . .

Junior Jones

You know, I saw this movie a second time this weekend (something I rarely do) with some friends. Afterward, we started a discussion about all-time best trilogies. Pirates and Spiderman have potential, but we decided to wait until the third movies are released to rank them. Other top contenders were Star Wars originals, Star Wars prequels, Lord of the Rings, and X-Men. I, of course, asked about Indiana Jones, and my friend's teenage son said, "I've never seen them." I guess I have some work to do.