Problem in story with E.T.

dameain

I I.J&E.T. he discovers the tomb of the first emperor and find the heart of the dragon in his mouth, but in Indiana Jones and the secret of the Sphinx, he also discovers the tomb and the emperor's tomb, he even rides the skeleton out and losses the head down the mountain side, know that does not make sense at all. The weird thing is if the manual creator Gregory Harsh(?spelling), did extensive reasearch as he clamed in the interview, you think he would have found that out, same with the people at lucas arts.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
It happens...as for Mr. Harsh, if that is indeed his name, he put a great deal of work into the manual, and made it something worthwhile. However, I doubt he did any work on the game itself. Also, Mr. Lucas probably had to approve the plot, and if he says its all right...its all right.

Tom Jones

True that Harsh (I hope we're using the right name) probably had nothing else to do with the game besides the manual. But why would Lucas approve of Indy being sent on the same adventure again? It'd be like sending him back to Alexandretta to find the Holy Grail all over again.

Even though the artifacts he was looking for differed from one to the other, why would he go to the same tomb twice? Maybe Lucas thought that many people had not read the Indy novels, (including Secret of the Sphinx) and that it was all right to make a game about Indy going to the tomb after all. But this presses me to ask: What are we going to see for the next Indy game? Indiana Jones and the Philosopher's Stone? Indiana Jones in the Search for the Omega Book?

MP3

Tom Jones said:
It'd be like sending him back to Alexandretta to find the Holy Grail all over again.

Well, that's not entirely unheard of - Indy went to Alexandretta to find the Grail in the movie called "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade", and then later on he went to Alexandretta again to find the Grail in the PC graphic adventure game called "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade". :D:D:D

(Just kidding ;))