Promotional content - teasers, trailers, publicity images, etc

hatsie

In the past, haven't studios done 'countdowns' to trailer releases? I seem to remember something like this happening for one of the Jurassic films. Build up the hype. So a clever way to do this might be to release the title along with a teaser poster a few days/a week before, and then do a social media blitz counting down to the trailer release.
One of the few things the Jurassic World trilogy did well in terms of promotion was the short movie “Battle at Big Rock” that was released between the 2nd and 3rd instalment. Great way to enthuse and engage with the fans. I would love, or would have loved, some short canonical Indy movies in the spirit of, for example, RotLA’s opening scene.

emtiem

In the past, haven't studios done 'countdowns' to trailer releases? I seem to remember something like this happening for one of the Jurassic films. Build up the hype. So a clever way to do this might be to release the title along with a teaser poster a few days/a week before, and then do a social media blitz counting down to the trailer release.
Yeah, get two hits from it rather than just one and really build up the anticipation for the trailer.

T06J00

What I'm interested in is the title: are they actually holding that back until the day the trailer is released now? Or will a title announcement get lost in the trailer hype? I'd have thought it'd be better to announce it beforehand so you get two publicity kicks rather than one, but maybe that's not how they'll do it. I certainly can't imagine the trailer will come out without a title, anyway.
I'm guessing they'll do what they did with Endgame and save it till the trailer. Looking at the leaked trailer it feels as though the title would go where the "June 2023" titlecard is.

AV14

If I had to put money on it, I would say the title will come with the trailer just like TROS.

curmudgeon

Panther is more likely to have the final trailer for Avatar 2, and the teaser for Ant-Man 3 (which is coming out in February and doesn't have a public trailer out yet, while people in here are complaining about a movie from the end of June movie not having a teaser...)

fedoraboy

Panther is more likely to have the final trailer for Avatar 2, and the teaser for Ant-Man 3 (which is coming out in February and doesn't have a public trailer out yet, while people in here are complaining about a movie from the end of June movie not having a teaser...)
You make a good point. Though the Marvel films have become a bit of a conveyer belt, releasing trailers much closer to release so that they're not tripping up over themselves. Indy is more of an event. But you're right, they won't want to overload Wakanda with trailers - and both the trailers you mention are more urgent than Indy. I think we should set our expectations to see something the week Avatar is released, and if we get anything before then that's a bonus!

If we DON'T get anything with Avatar, of course, then we get to be pissed off into the new year!

Nerdpants

I am more excited for a title reveal than a trailer drop at this point.

Whilst it would be good to see the trailer in HD, if it's going to be the same trailer or very similar, it's not going to be new to us.

Also, with the trailer, I now have a sensation of what the film is in terms of tone, cinematography, characters etc. Seeing more footage probably won't radically change that.

The title reveal will be exciting though. It will give us a sensation on what this film is all about and will give the film a identity.

Even without seeing Crystal Skull footage.. the Indy 4 title gave us a pretty big clue what for we were in for. Probably TOD was the most vague.. as it did not give away the McGuffin.

fedoraboy

So much of the bootleg trailer isn't clear, even seeing the exact same cut in HD is something I'm really excited about! But yeah, of course, hugely looking forward to the title too!

Indyfan1993

A Reddit user says this poster is on display at Apple Cinema in Warwick, RI 😂
Haha I go to that theater! It's right near my house. I haven't been since the beginning of September but I'll be on the lookout for it when I see Black panther next month haha.

curmudgeon

I think we should set our expectations to see something the week Avatar is released, and if we get anything before then that's a bonus!

If we DON'T get anything with Avatar, of course, then we get to be pissed off into the new year!
If it helps, I've seen trailers drop online up to 3 weeks before the movie they're intended to play in theaters with.

So if it was attached to Avatar 2 when that film releases on Dec 16th, the extreme earliest I could see it release online is Thanksgiving Day (Nov 24th) and at latest Dec 19th, if they decided to make the trailer exclusive to theaters for opening weekend. (But that's a rare exception.)

IllinoisJack

A Reddit user says this poster is on display at Apple Cinema in Warwick, RI 😂

2-BEB59-B9-B58-F-4-CAD-8-D3-F-1569-D1-F78500.jpg