Proud to be American!!

roundshort

Paden said:
This thread has a topic? ;)

I think it is about Being proud to be American, even if you don't where on the planet you live, and don't actually know where in the universe we are. . .with some minor chit-chat!

Domino40

Jay R. Zay said:
true - but ever wondered why americans are the only country to land on the moon, and to do so again and again?

because no sensible human being gives a damn about the moon. it was just a publicity project. people already knew everything about the moon before they put some actors there to walk around on it a bit and then fly back home. you didn't need a man on the moon and you certainly didn't need SIX landings and 12 men.

the soviets were the first in space, they were the first to photograph the dark side of the moon, the first to land a probe on moon, the first to land a probe on venus, ...

see, the NASA is doing a great job, no doubt about that. but the race into space and the lunar landing actually wasn't such a great event in history. technically, many nations could have put their men on the moon nowadays. and why don't they? because there is no point in doing so. :)

and by the way, a great part of the americans elected george bush and the better part of america RE-elected him. electing him was stupid enough and the better part of the world knew so before. but re-electing him (and this time with a definite majority) surely is the apogee of ignorance. so don't pretend your image came from nowhere.
some controversial views, yupp, don't take it personally. ;)

Hey don't look at me...I sure as HELL didn't vote for him!!!!!

roundshort

2 to 1, I will stack the USMC aganist any other fighting force on the planet . . . and hell tell us what to destory and it will be done, overnight, even if we never heard of the place!

Pround to be An America . . .

roundshort

I have traveled in Eurpoe, a lot, and After the Brits, Germans, Canadans seem to be the most hated in Elite Hotels and restaurants. While I make no bones that Americans can be awful, we do one thing the others don't, we spend $$$$$$. It is amazing how being a pain in the ass is forgetten when the bill comes and a nice big fat tip is there. I had a great Somm. in Paris tell me that they love the fact that they weat the maple leaf on every piece of clothing they own, so they are not mistaken for American, which means worse tables, serves, etc.

That was a great read Paden, thank you!

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
I'm tempted to give hints as to why Kerry lost, but I want to watch him lose again. :) Heck, Ted Kennedy made 5 consecutive presidential runs before he suspected drowning a girl had something to do with the tepid support.

I want my countrymen to travel so they can see why America is loved, envied and criticized elsewhere. I think most of Eurabia has good reason to sit out Iraq. When your birthrate is around 1.0, it's like watching only childs go to war. They're needed back home the next time Paris or Londonistan erupts.

My friends in Iraq are proud to be there. They know they signed up for it. When they're home, they breed like bunnies. I'm sad when some of them die. And, I know some of them think the rest of us have never really lived. Here's news from the front: America will NEVER leave Iraq. We were in Germany decades after the troublemakers gave up. We're trying to reverse 1,400 years of xenophobia here. It's a big job for a big country with big brass ones, and I'm proud of the effort so far.