Rank the Macguffins

QBComics

Ark- Dude, it melts Nazis'. What else do you want!?
Skull- Its power was left as a mystery. I like it when they do that.
Grail- I really liked how it brought Indy and his Dad back together.
Stones- Pretty weak, even if they did have a neat glow.

:whip:

Johnny Jones

caats said:
for the fifth i think a return to the religious objects would be cool. i'd hope for the weapon cain used on abel. a spear i guess
I thought Cain bashed him with a rock?

1. Ark - like everyone else, for the reasons they have given, it is about the sweetest supernatural superweapon ever.
2. Grail - I know it's lame that you can't take it outside the cave, but what it actually does is still pretty cool, if not dramatic.
3. Skull - wish they'd cleared up a bit more of the mystery surrounding this but still, very neat powers.
4. Sankara Stones - they're cool, but they don't seem to actually do much except get hot and burn your hands. And maybe fertilize the crops. (Of course I love them anyway, like all the misnomered MacGuffins):D

I think the Fountain of Youth is a good thing for Indy to go after, to tie in with his age. And at the end he discovers that being old is a natural part of life and that even dying is just a new beginning. Or something like that ;)

weaponx24

1) The Ark - Its classic, and holds the viewers attention with the mystery surrounding whats inside it and its immense power.
2) The Grail Cup - Very cool idea for Indy and Co. to search for. Bringing everlasting life to the one who drinks from it. I like how once Indy got there through the three tests he STILL had to make the right choice in choosing which cup it was. If he made the wrong choice it brought certain death. Very suspensful.
3) The Crystal Skulls - Cool idea. I didnt mind the story being based around aliens or interdemensional beings as the Ox calls them. I would have liked for Spielberg to show that the skull was more powerful and maybe have more storyline to it. Over all not bad though.
4) Then Sankara Stones - Neat idea. They didnt really delve into story though concerning the stones...where they came from, whats the mystery behind theyre power, etc. All I got out of it was that they are powerful enough to help the Indian village they were at grow crops. And they turned a bright yellow orange color when they were brought by other sankara stones. A little more backstory would have been better.

If there is an INDY V, I like many of you would like to see a return to a search for something religously historic. Whether it be the cross Jesus was crucified on, the spear that Jesus was stabbed with, or something cool like the City of Atlantis. That one should be the easiest one since theres already a story developed for it.

Dewy9

1) Holy Grail- I love how it becomes such a personal item for Indy and Henry.

2) Crystal Skulls- I love the mystery surrounding them and their creation. Plus, the ones in the movie were pretty dang cool looking.

3) Ark of the Covenant- Very powerful, but not as interesting plot device as the first two.

4) Sankara Stones- Not that interesting, they're basically magic rocks.