Rant and Rave About Your #*%+$! Job

Finn

Staff member
What can I say about mine? Long, unstable hours, lousy pay (3,60 ? a day), overcontrolling superiors, physically challenging and sometimes poorly pre-planned.

Oh well, on the other hand I get full bed & breakfast for free. Something the people in the poorer countries would kill for.

130LT. Half-way through.

Webley

I work at a place called VERMONT CASTING it a factory and we make wood stoves
I look like this when Im at work :(
03vmat.jpg

Last edited:

westford

I've been a student for the past 6 years (or 18 if you want to count school). That'll all be over come Tuesday evening though - freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom!!! :D Oh, and unemployment... :(

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
Right now with my school project I spend my life in the labs at school (I don't quiet live there yet), it's a lot of work but it's fun. But exams are comming up in two weeks, and that's just completely unfun! Computer science exams are monday though and that's the worst (C programming on a VT 500 powered by OpenVMS (no graphical interface)...yup just like in the seventies! :)).

Indyologist

Wow, it's so interesting to read about what you all do for work and to hear your goals. I hope you all meet your goals and have success in all you undertake. For those with "challenging" jobs, hang in there and keep looking 'cause something better has got to be around the corner. My congrats to those of you about to graduate or who are currently in school to improve themselves! Keep the goals/griping/encouragement going here-- I like to hear about all of you!

Rumpled Fedora said:
Yeah,
Right now I'm just trying to find a "#*%+$!" part-time job ! :rolleyes:

I'll keep on plugging away at it though! :whip:

Yeah, I hear ya, bud. I'm living on the edge right now. However, I've had 2 interviews this past week. One was for a receptionist in a funeral home and the other was for a mail clerk for a law firm. I'd REALLY like to get into the law firm-- nice benefits and a foot in the door to be an office assistant. The funeral home job seems really interesting. They asked me if I'd have a problem working in a funeral home and I said "nope." It's macabre, but hey, a business is a business. The business just happens to involve dead people-- which would make for great co-workers, I think. ;) But I REALLY want the law firm position.

monkey

Hey Webley,
Do you work for Umbrella Corporation????

My job? I like it OK.

I'd prefer to be independantly wealthy, but.............

roundshort

Umm, I love my job, I get to eat, drink, travel, go where I want, I love life! Lets me have time to watch more Indy!

Kingsley

roundshort said:
Umm, I love my job, I get to eat, drink, travel, go where I want, I love life! Lets me have time to watch more Indy!
I like your job ;) ... what do you do?
Mine isn't that great, but I can say it's rewarding enough to do it every day not thinking it's only the way to get livelihood every month.

Deckard

Not my job yet, but Im a pilot who is going to be doing Helicopter flight instruction while I goto school for Archaeology in Philly. I can't really complain.

If your not happy with your job, I really suggest changing what you do. You need to be happy with your work or you will never feel fulfilled.

Kingsley

Deckard said:
If your not happy with your job, I really suggest changing what you do. You need to be happy with your work or you will never feel fulfilled.
I'm happy with my work, I was just comparing it to roundshort's seemingly perfect job ;)
The day I realise I'm not happy with what I'm doing, I will be the first to think about what I should do to change that situation.