Rate the Indiana Jones Series

Indy99

Raiders: 10/10. Set a new standard for action movies.

Temple: 7/10. Why would anyone build a track like that in a mine?

Crusade: 9/10 The dynamic between father and son played to perfection with Sean and Harrison!

Skull: 7/10 Flying refrigerators and vine-swinging Mutt. Too much. Still, good to see Harrison back in action.

Robyn

lao che & sons said:
no way! I know Doc Whiskey likes temple the best and so do I.(y)

Doc likes Temple best? It looks like Doc Whiskey puts Temple at third best:p ;) Well at least judging by his ratings ;)

DocWhiskey said:
RotLA- 9.5/10
ToD- 9/10
LC- 9.5/10
KOTCS- 7.5/10

Ingenious thread, really.

for me:
Rotla- 10/10 Best movie ever made..
Tod- 5/10 Some of this movie is lots of fun, and some of it.. isn't..
Lc- 8/10 Take Elsa out and put Marion in and this movie could have been a 10
Kotcs- 7/10 Ok so it's definitely not the greatest Indy, but I had fun... Especially at the ending and the truck banter.. "They weren't you honey." get 10/10 for best line EVER!:D ;)

DocWhiskey

ronicle said:
Doc likes Temple best? It looks like Doc Whiskey puts Temple at third best:p ;) Well at least judging by his ratings ;)

Temple is my favorite Indy movie. But it isn't the best in terms of film making if that makes any sense. But it's the one I enjoy the most.

Robyn

Lonsome_Drifter said:
I also like Temple best! As you already know!

I don't understand how anyone can possibly put Temple above Raiders, I don't get it lol

DocWhiskey said:
Temple is my favorite Indy movie. But it isn't the best in terms of film making if that makes any sense. But it's the one I enjoy the most.

I guess I can understand what you mean Doc.. I suppose there are a few movies that I admit to loving but technically aren't the greatest of films lol

Last edited:

The Drifter

ronicle said:
I don't understand how anyone can possibly put Temple above Raiders, I don't get it lol

Maybe it has something to do with opinion? Raiders is awesome, I know. But, I like Temple alot better. More action, more pulp, and more fun.

lao che & sons

Raiders is the BEST indiana jones movie. But temple is my personal favorite. Raiders is great, but temple for some reason just has something to it that makes me like it more than raiders;)

DocWhiskey

Agreed. Raiders is the best made film all around. It's the best of Indy. And it deserves all the praise it gets.

But ToD is (was) the black sheep. It's darker, has more action (or at least feels like it does), and I love the Thuggee cult angle. And Mola Ram is my favorite villain.

The Drifter

DocWhiskey said:
Agreed. Raiders is the best made film all around. It's the best of Indy. And it deserves all the praise it gets.

But ToD is (was) the black sheep. It's darker, has more action (or at least feels like it does), and I love the Thuggee cult angle. And Mola Ram is my favorite villain.

I agree with everything that you have said.

lao che & sons

Great words as usually doc! My favorite vilian also comes from temple of doom, actually all of my favorite villians come from temple of doom. but my all time favorite is chatter lal. But lao che is a close second. it just seems that temple was the only indy movie that steped out of the line. The others are basically the same but temple really changed it up. (y)

StoneTriple

Raiders: 10/10
Temple: 7/10
Crusade: 7/10
Kingdom: 9/10

Kingdom is my favorite of the four, but showing the aliens & the ship was a gaffe that keeps it from getting a perfect score. I felt those two things would have been much more interesting if they had been hinted at instead of fully revealed.

Inbanana

getit.jpg

;)

Lance Quazar

I don't put "Temple" higher than "Raiders", but it is the second best and a damned entertaining film.

Raiders - 10/10
Temple - 9/10
Crusade - 8.75
Skull - 3.5/10

Sakis

TR.N Staff Member
punisher5150 said:
Raiders: 10/10
Temple: 9.5/10
LC: 8/10
Skull: 7/10

The parody feeling introduced in LC and carried over into Skull really lowered the bar for the series! The comedy in the first two was aimed more at alleviating the darker scenes of the movies.

I love them all, though.

Dr.Jonesy said:
Agree with that sentiment, :whip:

I agree with that too but still it was a great adventure and the parody wasn't lame.

Raiders 10/10
Temple 8/10
Crusade 10/10
Kingdom 9/10

Dr.Jonesy

Sakis said:
I agree with that too but still it was a great adventure and the parody wasn't lame.

Raiders 10/10
Temple 8/10
Crusade 10/10
Kingdom 9/10

I agree that both were great adventures, but the farther we go in that direction, the further we stray from Raiders.

Which to me, defeats the purpose of making an Indy film because Raiders is the definitive Indy film.

JP Jones

RotLA 9.2/10 Perfect mix of action and story

ToD 7.8/10 The most silly of them all, but certainly fun

LC 6.4/10 Lazy and tired poor script but nice action

KotCS 8.5/ Best action of any but the story is not executed well enough