RIP Sir Sean Connery

AndyLGR

An absolute screen icon and when you think about it he's been present throughout all our lives as cinema goers and so engrained on our minds. TLC is just one classic movie in a career full of them and I know I'll be watching his films til the day I die and he will live on forever through his work.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
George Lucas:
"Sir Sean Connery, through his talent and drive, left an indelible mark in cinematic history. His audiences spanned generations, each with favorite roles he played. He will always hold a special place in my heart as Indy's dad. With an air of intelligent authority and sly sense of comedic mischief, only someone like Sean Connery could render Indiana Jones immediately into boyish regret or relief through a stern fatherly chiding or rejoiceful hug. I'm thankful for having had the good fortune to have known and worked with him. My thoughts are with his family."
Kathleen Kennedy and Frank Marshall:
"Sir Sean Connery will be remembered for his talent, his charm, his wit and the many unforgettable roles he played, but he will always be Indy's dad to us. It was an honor to know and work with him and our hearts are with his family and loved ones."
Lucasfilm:
"All of us at Lucasfilm mourn the passing of Sir Sean Connery and join the world in celebrating his life and career. With a mix of elegance, grit, and humor, he embodied the magic of the movies. Farewell Mr. Bond, Captain Ramius, Professor Jones… you helped us all find illumination.
Harrison Ford:
“He was my father… not in life… but in Indy 3. You don’t know pleasure until someone pays you to take Sean Connery for a ride in the side car of a Russian motorcycle bouncing along a bumpy, twisty mountain trail and getting to watch him squirm. God, we had fun — if he’s in heaven, I hope they have golf courses. Rest in peace, dear friend.”

Z dweller

What an absolute legend...

One of the greatest movie stars of all time, without a shadow of a doubt.

RIP Sir Sean. :hat:

00Kevin

Indyfan
An absolute legend! Last Crusade, Bond, The Man who would be King, The Untouchables; incredible and iconic performances in movies I love to watch again and again and again

Rest In Peace good sir!

Pale Horse

Staff member
I was working a food line this week in lieu of Thanksgiving here, state side. A man came in obviously wearing a wig. I confronted him about it, being that wigs are expensive, and this was an outreach for the needy. He quipped back at me in distain. It's not a wig, I got this at a pawn shop.

....It's was a small price toupee.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
They've scattered the last of his ashes.
A 50-strong entourage, dressed in tartan, are said to have arrived at Edinburgh Waverley station on board the Royal Scotsman train on Thursday.

"We understand Sir Sean's ashes were scattered at various different points of importance to him in his life. It has all been building up to their final destination which was Edinburgh and Dalmeny yesterday. I thought it was brilliant to see the old-fashioned train and I felt like I was in some sort of movie scene."

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Special effects technician Michael Dawson recalls the tank scene:
"The tank was an amazing piece of engineering because we built that tank from scratch. We were inside that tank, and it was my unenviable job to put a little bit of smoke in there. At the time, we were using oil and gas, so it was like a hot smoke. It wasn’t water-based as it is now. He [Connery] was inside the tank... and he just turned round and said in a thick Scottish accent – because he could go Scottish when he got annoyed – ‘If you put that anywhere near me again, I’ll shove it up your ass.’ I just lost it. I was so scared at the time. It was almost like Sean Connery, a Bond, was going to kill me. I ran out. But he was alright, he calmed down afterwards. He did mean it at the time. I think he would’ve done it."
If he did, that scene would have to be... censered?