Rotten Tomatoes tomatometer

DeepSixFix

Vance said:
Doom's weaknesses are pretty much spelled out elsehwere here,
But so long as we don't get an insanely stupid, unfunny, and blatantly racist dinner scene...
Oh boy, so you are regurgitating the review of some politically correct critic. It's a great scene. Maybe you had to be there to see it in the theater as I did.

Vance said:
A female 'sidekick' that screams more than anyone else has dialog...
OK so you aren't familiar enough with old Hollywood to get the classic damsel-in-distress character. Perhaps not your fault, may I suggest you try watching some TCM.

Vance said:
key scenes that are sadly shunted for bad comedy...
There are plenty of good quotable lines.

Vance said:
And a ten minute out-of-character 'dark' sequence...
The best part of the Indiana Jones character is the dark, mysterious, on-the-edge grave robbing stuff in ROTLA and TOD. It starts to get less interesting when he has a dad, and a kid, and a wife.

teampunk

Rocket Surgeon said:
I rate movies on Netflix mostly because I'm curious about the kind of movies they'd recommend/percentages of people's agreement. It would be interesting to get greater access to the raw numbers...

I've noticed my ratings either dropped/not recorded, so I also wonder about those I've changed. I agree, there's always that movie that you wished there was a more precise choice like: I didn't dislike it but I wouldn't watch it again...ect.

I haven't found Rotten Tomatoes to offer much...
or a movie like Requiem For A Dream that is a classic, but too brutal and depressing to watch again.

teampunk said:
or a movie like Requiem For A Dream that is a classic, but too brutal and depressing to watch again.
It's unlikely I'll watch Benjamin Button again...

DeepSixFix said:
Oh boy, so you are regurgitating the review of some politically correct critic. It's a great scene. Maybe you had to be there to see it in the theater as I did.
But I will be watching to see if Vance will come out of his year plus retirement to answer the rebuttal of a two year plus post...:)