Russian aliases?

Kooshmeister

Just wondering what fake names everyone's caught on the Russian soldiers in Nevada? Besides Colonel Truman which is Dovchenko's fake name.

Roosevelt - The guy riding shotgun in the lead car, blondish fellow seen later on as one of the final four at Akator.
Franklin - The guy goaded into racing the teens and who Indy uses his whip to grab the gun from, young dark-haired guy seen later as the guy who gets eaten by the ants.
Grant - The one played by Andrew Divoff. What happens to this one anyway? He just disappears after the camp scene it seems, and isn't one of the four at Akator.
Jefferson - One of the two in the truck when Indy crashes into the windshield, the one riding shotgun. Indy boots his butt out.

I was wrong about the guy Mac calls Boris being the same guy who races the teens/gets eaten by the ants, but I think you can see his nametag in the scene just before he slams into the Dodge Indy is driving. Can anyone make it out?

Also randomly if anyone was wondering what happened to the soldier with the glasses, he was one of the three in Doom Town. Nothing more need be said, heh.

Stoo

I was going to say Lincoln, too, but you found him. Isn't there a Kennedy somewhere? Haven't had time to check yet but
when the trailer was released, there was a thread containing screencaps and I seem to remember a "Kennedy" name patch.
(It could be one of the guys in the troop truck or during the entrance into the warehouse.)

Kooshmeister

I haven't spotted a Kennedy. Hmm.

I just like knowing which soldier is which and knowing what happens to them, i.e. that "Lincoln" is the one with the glasses and is one of the three vaporized by the Doom Town shockwave - although in his case blink and you'll miss him; he's the one riding shotgun who yells in Russian for the other to get back in the car. "Jefferson" appears to be one of the other two.

I know what happens to almost all of them ("Franklin" is eaten by ants, "Roosevelt" is sucked into the other dimension), but what the heck happens to "Grant?" Until recently I thought he was the one who sits knocked out in the front seat of Indy's duck, then wakes up and gets out, but now I think he's one of the three guys knocked off the cliff by the tree branch but I can't be sure.

Also is it just me, or do two of the last four soldiers with Spalko at Akator look an awful lot like the two KGB agents who hit Marcus' statue?

Stoo

Actually, scratch that. 1957 is too early for Kennedy so I must have remembered wrong. I'll have to look out for the fate of "Grant".
Anyway, kooshmeister, you're way ahead of me in keeping track of all the Russians. (You should co-star in the new Shia movie, Eagle Eye!:p)

Kooshmeister

Stoo said:
Anyway, kooshmeister, you're way ahead of me in keeping track of all the Russians. (You should co-star in the new Shia movie, Eagle Eye!:p)

Eh, I just have a weird affinity for little side characters like these. I have fun keeping track of the Germans in the truck chase, too, like which guy goes flying out the back - he's seated next to the one who later wings Indy.

297.jpg

Indy-Shooter is sitting directly across from the Sergeant. Truck-Back-Faller-Outer is to his right. The other four besides the Sarge are the ones who go out onto the sides.

Last edited:

Stoo

Kooshmeister said:
Indy-Shooter is sitting directly across from the Sergeant. Truck-Back-Faller-Outer is to his right. The other four besides the Sarge are the ones who go out onto the sides.
Yes, I figured out all these guys, too!;)

It appears that not all the Russian soldiers are named after presidents. Looks like we have a possible Norman Rockwell.
(I thought it might be '70s V.P. Nelson Rockefeller but there's definitely a "w" there.) From the DVD Bonus Features:

Russian_Rockwell_CloseUp.jpg