Sasquatch! Monster or Myth?

WillKill4Food

Nurhachi1991 said:
They never proved the patterson footage to be a hoax. Yes some idiot always claims he was the man in the suit but here is a question where is the suit? exactly because they are lying
Wonderful logic, friend.
Where is the suit? Where are your baby clothes? Could I find them if I wanted to? No, probably not. So I guess that means that you were never a baby, right?
Nurhachi1991 said:
Second would a guy risk being shot dead to pull a prank? because if I was hunting and saw one of these things i would fill it full of lead and if it was a guy in a costume it would not be your fault so there not gonna risk it
Second, being shot during hunting is very, very rare. The latest statistic is that there are 5.56 accidental shootings per 100,000 hunters. Do you realize how low that is?
However, consider the innumerable amount of car accidents per year. And still, people drive in their cars to do stupid, meaningless things, like watching high school football games or buying Indy toys.
Nurhachi1991 said:
Third have any of you ever heard the sasqautch howls? There is no way in hell those are faked either
Have you never heard Chewbacca? I guess he's real, too.
Nurhachi1991 said:
and its not really that unbelivable there are billions of unknown species out there sasquatch is just another one of them
Of course, but they're mostly bugs and deep sea fish. Sasquatch is neither, and most likely fake.

Hawkeye

|ZiR| said:
I have some family history with Sasquatch. It's kind of embarrassing, so no one in my family will talk much about it. It's among one of the many skeletons we keep in the closet.

See, I had a great uncle who lived out in the woods all over North America researching and looking for evidence of Bigfoot. He collected samples, took photographs, interviewed countless people, and was planning on publishing a book on the subject when he was finished. This was all back in the 70s/80s, mind you.

He was in the process of writing the book when he went out on one last field trip to verify something, and when he came back he gathered up all his materials, unfinished maniscripts, samples, etc., and locked them in a trunk which he stored up in the attic. He refused to say what happened on that last expedition; apparently he came into contact with something and was so visibly shaken by whatever had occured my great aunt never pressed for further details, and he never spoke of it again. He passed away in '93.

To date, no one has opened the trunk and gone through it. My great Aunt is still in possession of it and supposedly she's willed it to go to me. As horrible as it sounds, the tiniest part of me is looking forward to the day when it will finally pas to me. I wanna open that sucker up.

I can't say I blame you. That trunk sounds freakin' awesome!

The_Raiders

|ZiR| said:
I have some family history with Sasquatch. It's kind of embarrassing, so no one in my family will talk much about it. It's among one of the many skeletons we keep in the closet.

See, I had a great uncle who lived out in the woods all over North America researching and looking for evidence of Bigfoot. He collected samples, took photographs, interviewed countless people, and was planning on publishing a book on the subject when he was finished. This was all back in the 70s/80s, mind you.

He was in the process of writing the book when he went out on one last field trip to verify something, and when he came back he gathered up all his materials, unfinished maniscripts, samples, etc., and locked them in a trunk which he stored up in the attic. He refused to say what happened on that last expedition; apparently he came into contact with something and was so visibly shaken by whatever had occured my great aunt never pressed for further details, and he never spoke of it again. He passed away in '93.

To date, no one has opened the trunk and gone through it. My great Aunt is still in possession of it and supposedly she's willed it to go to me. As horrible as it sounds, the tiniest part of me is looking forward to the day when it will finally pas to me. I wanna open that sucker up.

Wow, that sounds friggin awesome! interesting story. (y)

WillKill4Food

Okay, stories such as |Zir|'s are at least respectable. But, really, it was probably just a bear. Those things are just as frightening. I lost a great uncle to one.

The_Raiders

WillKill4Food said:
Okay, stories such as |Zir|'s are at least respectable. But, really, it was probably just a bear. Those things are just as frightening. I lost a great uncle to one.

Yeh I have a family story similar my mom told me when i was little. I beleive it a bear story now, and ib et my mom does too, I think she jsut said sasquach because I ws interested in it. But someone on her side of the family was hunting with some friends and they kept noticing this aweful stench, and found hair in some brush, then something started coming after them, ans whatver it was it was what was pruducing the smell. So they all ran from it. She never told me what it was, and says no one really saw it either, just glimpses, I'll bet it was a bear, but my mom probably exagerated, becasue i was little and interested.

|ZiR|

WillKill4Food said:

Oh! I'm didn't mean to offer my great uncle as proof that bigfoot is real. I was just sharing his story. I want to make the clear. As for what happened on that last trip -- no one living knows. He could've been attacked by something, sure. Though it seems odd that an attack by a bear would make him lock away his research on sasquatch, but hey... each theory is as plausible as the next! And bear's are scary as hell.

Hawkeye said:
I can't say I blame you. That trunk sounds freakin' awesome!

The_Raiders said:
Wow, that sounds friggin awesome! interesting story.

I know! My family is seriously screwed in some ways, but for every half dozen stuck up WASPs I'm related to, there's at least one genuinely awesome person to make up for it. :)

While I don't think that I'm going to find any undeniable evidence for bigfoot whenever I finally get to open the trunk, but just reading what he wrote and seeing all the photos and samples will be fascinating enough. He allegedly kept super accurate journals of his life in the wilderness, and I really want to read the account of that last trip out.

edit:
WillKill4Food said:
The Story of the Chupacabra:

Duuude, El Chupacabra used to give me nightmares as a kid. I had this book on crypties (Mothman, Dover Demon, UFOs, etc.) and the illustration for the Chupacabra freaked me out so bad. I was certain that it was going to come into my room and suck my blood, despite bein' human and not a goat an' all. :dead:

Last edited:

WillKill4Food

|ZiR| said:
Oh! I'm didn't mean to offer my great uncle as proof that bigfoot is real. I was just sharing his story. I want to make the clear. As for what happened on that last trip -- no one living knows. He could've been attacked by something, sure. Though it seems odd that an attack by a bear would make him lock away his research on sasquatch, but hey... each theory is as plausible as the next! And bear's are scary as hell.
Maybe he discovered that he had just been researching a bear the whole time and wanted to dispose of his research to save face.
Seems to me that if he found anything he'd have it published, not lock it away.

adventure_al

WillKill4Food said:
Wonderful logic, friend.
Where is the suit? Where are your baby clothes? Could I find them if I wanted to? No, probably not. So I guess that means that you were never a baby, right?

I wouldn't say thats the most sensible counter argument for his logic on your part. i think baby clothes which everyone wears is quite different from a bigfoot costume!

WillKill4Food

adventure_al said:
I wouldn't say thats the most sensible counter argument for his logic on your part. i think baby clothes which everyone wears is quite different from a bigfoot costume!
Naturally, I was illustrating his absurdity by being absurd.

|ZiR|

WillKill4Food said:
Maybe he discovered that he had just been researching a bear the whole time and wanted to dispose of his research to save face.
Seems to me that if he found anything he'd have it published, not lock it away.

Well, we won't know until someone opens that friggin' trunk. Maybe you'll hear about it a few years from now on the news, supposing it actually turns out to be something. :p

As for mistaking his subject for a bear, well that seems unlikely seeing how he was a zoologist. (Which I neglected to add earlier as it didn't seem relevant to me.)

But like I said before, each theory is as plausible as the next.

And I never intended to join in the debate on whether or not sasquatch exists - I actually don't believe it's real, for what it's worth. I simply saw the thread and thought I'd mention that my uncle used to research bigfoot.

WillKill4Food

|ZiR| said:
Well, we won't know until someone opens that friggin' trunk. Maybe you'll hear about it a few years from now on the news, supposing it actually turns out to be something. :p

As for mistaking his subject for a bear, well that seems unlikely seeing how he was a zoologist. (Which I neglected to add earlier as it didn't seem relevant to me.)

But like I said before, each theory is as plausible as the next.

And I never intended to join in the debate on whether or not sasquatch exists - I actually don't believe it's real, for what it's worth. I simply saw the thread and thought I'd mention that my uncle used to research bigfoot.
Well, then. Perhaps it is not a common bear. Perhaps the real Sasquatch is funky bear. Or, perhaps, some of my earlier postulations are true.
But, thanks for the mention. At least it is some solid controversial evidence, as opposed to Nurhachi's hogwash.

Nurhachi1991

WillKill4Food said:
Wonderful logic, friend.

Second, being shot during hunting is very, very rare. The latest statistic is that there are 5.56 accidental shootings per 100,000 hunters. Do you realize how low that is?
However, consider the innumerable amount of car accidents per year. And still, people drive in their cars to do stupid, meaningless things, like watching high school football games or buying Indy toys.

Have you never heard Chewbacca? I guess he's real, too.

Of course, but they're mostly bugs and deep sea fish. Sasquatch is neither, and most likely fake.

Like the other guy said baby clothes are major differance between a sasquatch costume

If the original costume was never found than how come it has never been replicated? Here is what happen when BBC tried to recreate the costume see for yourself

So if in 2006 with the best costume money can by and not even hollywoods top monster costume designers can even make one like the patterson footage

You mean to tell me that in 1967 they had a perfect costume that we can not even replicate today?Have you seen 1960s halloween costumes? Look at the fake fur material opposed to the fur in the video which looks like real animal fur

Please friend enlighten me

WillKill4Food

Nurhachi1991 said:
Like the other guy said baby clothes are major differance between a sasquatch costume
If the original costume was never found than how come it has never been replicated? Here is what happen when BBC tried to recreate the costume see for yourself

So if in 2006 with the best costume money can by and not even hollywoods top monster costume designers can even make one like the patterson footage
You mean to tell me that in 1967 they had a perfect costume that we can not even replicate today?Have you seen 1960s halloween costumes? Look at the fake fur material opposed to the fur in the video which looks like real animal fur

Please friend enlighten me
As I said before, my comment about baby clothes was allegorical and pure satire.

Ever seen the Patterson film? It looks bloody awful. You cannot see the detail, and in actuality, many people have replicated it perfectly. The only part that might be difficult for a hoaxer is the face, and it was never shown fully.

And people had the ability to make costumes that "believable" back in the '60's. Ever seen Planet of the Apes? Only the faces were a little weird, and the Patterson monster has no visible face, save a profile, thus allowing the hoaxers to get off Scott-free.

Again, please read: http://www.skepdic.com/bigfoot.html

Hawkeye

Ray Wallace was a liar, and John Chambers denied having any involvement. The arms on the Patterson creature are too long, and the saggital crest is typical of great apes. Also, further enhancements have shown that the creature has an indian braid in her hair. Plus, why would there be breasts on a costume, when it's so much easier to make a costume without breasts?

http://www.bfro.net/REF/THEORIES/pgfdebunkings.asp

There was a recent scientific experiment in which an actor/performance artist was tring to replicate the movements of the 'creature' in the Patterson film. It was concluded that it would be nigh on impossible for the human body to sustain the style of movement as shown in the footage...

WillKill4Food

Yeah, I saw something like that on Discovery or History. But, who says that he filmed it walking forward? Maybe he walked backwards and they reversed the film, giving him the weird gaunt. Food for thought.

WillKill4Food said:
Yeah, I saw something like that on Discovery or History. But, who says that he filmed it walking forward? Maybe he walked backwards and they reversed the film, giving him the weird gaunt. Food for thought.

Possibly. However, any experiments worth their salt would have taken that into consideration and tried it, too. I'm not sure if they did.

Nurhachi1991

WillKill4Food said:
As I said before, my comment about baby clothes was allegorical and pure satire.

Ever seen the Patterson film? It looks bloody awful. You cannot see the detail, and in actuality, many people have replicated it perfectly. The only part that might be difficult for a hoaxer is the face, and it was never shown fully.

And people had the ability to make costumes that "believable" back in the '60's. Ever seen Planet of the Apes? Only the faces were a little weird, and the Patterson monster has no visible face, save a profile, thus allowing the hoaxers to get off Scott-free.

Again, please read: http://www.skepdic.com/bigfoot.html

well in the patterson footage when magnified with modern tools you can see that the creatures muscles move and that kind of technology was invented far after 1967

and Planet of the Apes? Come on man you can do better than that you said the patterson footage was bad have you even seen the 1968 Planet of the Apes............... yeah they look horrible. Why do all you skeptics always bring in Planet of the Apes?

WillKill4Food

herr gruber said:
Possibly. However, any experiments worth their salt would have taken that into consideration and tried it, too. I'm not sure if they did.
Probably not.
I've discovered that all too often shows like Monster Quest and other moster-seeking shows try to be ambiguous and not solve anything.
It's like they just want people to watch and leave the show without learning anything. I honestly think that they are afraid to be conclusive either way, in case irrefutable evidence shows them wrong.

nurhachi said:
well in the patterson footage when magnified with modern tools you can see that the creatures muscles move and that kind of technology was invented far after 1967
and Planet of the Apes? Come on man you can do better than that you said the patterson footage was bad have you even seen the 1968 Planet of the Apes............... yeah they look horrible. Why do all you skeptics always bring in Planet of the Apes?
Yeah, I think nature gave us rippling muscles long before special effects departments.
But a bulky, beastly man in a suit and have him walk funky through the woods and whammo! Instant monster footage.
And, if you took a profile view of an Ape from PotA and blurred it, you'd see that it looks just like your Patterson footage.

So, I guess either the Bigfoot is real or they hired a herd of them for Planet of the Apes. Wonder what PETA would have to say about that...

Nurhachi1991

so your going to see a moving muscle from a suit? I do not care how realistic it looks if its a suit your not going to see mucles moving man.

and no one walks like that look at the arms swaying while its turing a man does not walk like that in a costume and they have proven that

THE PATTERSON FOOTAGE WAS NEVER DECLARED A HOAX END OF STORY

all these sites that say they worked on the costume is a bold faced lie it would be on national news if it was and they would have to show evidence to back up their claim and they have none! At least bigfoot has video evidence of what we believe is a bigfoot

and does that look blurry to you? Nope its clear man