SciFi Now reveals Shia's role?

Jenos Idanian

I just picked up a copy of Scifi Now today and it contains a small blurb about the upcoming film in which they state that shia plays Indy's son. I don't know if anyone else saw this issue. It's the one with Iron Man on the cover. Up until now no one has come out to confirm anything. I know It's most likely just speculation but I thought it was worth mentioning. I'll find the article later and quote it exactly.

Last edited:

Katarn07

Everybody says it's Indy's son. Unless Spielberg, Lucas, Ford, Marshall, or Shia come out and say this, I'm not believing it. I'm not saying it's unlikely, but I don't care what any other source claims to know.

tocksic

I read this too on many many websites and in many many magazines. Those writers are no well-informed Indy-Fans. They just hear from their boss "Write something small about this new Indiana Jones movie for the next issue!" Then they type in "Indiana Jones 4" at google, clicking on a few forums or fansites, browsing roughly through it, et voilà: Mutt is Indys son. You can see the difference between such tiny, unimportant articles and well researched articles like in Vanity Fair.

fixer79

Do you guys still doubt Shia's role in this?
Of course he's Indy son!

If he wouldn't be, why would his character have such an important role in the images and merchandise that we've seen so far?
Just look at the junior novel cover... Shia's there in all his glory, and Harrison's just a silhouette in the background...
Would they do that if Shia was merely the new Indy sidekick? Have you ever seen Short Round in the main spotlight on ToD art?

Heck, if he wasn't Indy's son, and with all the attention he's getting, he'd just be a young actor thrown in to attract a younger audience...
I sincerely hope that won't be the case...

fixer79 said:
Of course he's Indy son!

If he wouldn't be, why would his character have such an important role in the images and merchandise that we've seen so far?
Just look at the junior novel cover... Shia's there in all his glory, and Harrison's just a silhouette in the background...
Would they do that if Shia was merely the new Indy sidekick? Have you ever seen Short Round in the main spotlight on ToD art?

Heck, if he wasn't Indy's son, and with all the attention he's getting, he'd just be a young actor thrown in to attract a younger audience...

Shia is a teenybopper idol. Ke Huy Quan was not. It's smart marketing; draw the younger crowd with a talentless, obnoxious teen idol.

tocksic

fixer79 said:
Of course he's Indy son!

I agree. But that ain't the point of this thread. The point is that no matter how logical the son-theory sounds, it is 0% official. So if a magazine says that Mutt is Indys son they HAVE TO add that this is speculation. Not saying this is bad journalism. No matter if it turns out to be true or not.

tocksic said:
So you really think this clip represents the whole talent of Shia?

You're putting words into my mouth.

I grew up watching that kid on Even Stevens. Talented? Why, because Disney said so? Let's not forget, Disney's the same lot who gave us Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, and Justin Timberlake.

He's just another "pretty face." No talent.

trippweeder

ResidentAlien said:
You're putting words into my mouth.

I grew up watching that kid on Even Stevens. Talented? Why, because Disney said so? Let's not forget, Disney's the same lot who gave us Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, and Justin Timberlake.

You're being a tad dismissive. I'm not keen on the errant father-pugnacious kid possibility for Indy 4 either, but that's down to the script. On his own, LaBeouf is more engaging than most Aryan-looking pretty boys and TDH beefcakes churned out by tweenie TV. He's not bad.

Last edited:

TheLastCrusader

ResidentAlien said:
He's not that handsome, believe me. I think he has lots of talent. It may look easy to pretend that a bunch of GIGANTIC ROBOTS are after you, but it takes a lot of talent to pull that off.
:whip:

Sankara

Shia looks good and (in my opinion) he is very-very good actor.
I really hope he is NOT Indy's son. I pray every day...