Should Indy have been a midget?

Stoo

The original Indy trilogy is set in the 1930s. At the time, little people were featured in many films. Ex. "The Wizard of Oz", "Freaks", "The Terror of Tiny Town", "Polly of the Cirucs", "Tom Thumb", etc. These films were all released in the '30s. During that era, midgets were all the rage and as iconic as the fedora.

Do think a short-statured height would have suited Indy?

Finn

Staff member
...first they drag you to their level, then beat you with experience.

Stuart, you obviously missed that piece of advice.

Montana Smith

And there I was about to start a thread asking "Should Indy have been a cross-dresser"...

Stoo said:
Do think a short-statured height would have suited Indy?

6a0120a721c2d7970b0133ec9e6f7b970b-800wi

Add a pencil moustache and he'd have been perfect!

Stoo

Finn said:
...first they drag you to their level, then beat you with experience.

Stuart, you obviously missed that piece of advice.
This thread is serious business, Finn, because I'm genuinely interested to know people's opinions on this matter. What is yours? Do you think a small size would have suited Indy? It would have been more period appopriate.

(Hey, you used the correct spelling of my name. Right on, man!);)
Henry W Jones said:
Tinyana Jones and the Search of the Highest Cabinet. Sounds like a winner to me!!!!
Sounds good, Henry Dubya.:hat: I was thinking of: "Minindiana Jones and the Mystery of the Munchkins."
Montana Smith said:
Add a pencil moustache and he'd have been perfect!
How's this for perfect? A moustache & an eye-patch! It's even on the right side of his face, just like Old Indy:

IndyMidget.jpg

Stoo

Ha! True.:D What would the 3rd installment be?

Just think: If Indy had been a midget, it would've been pretty easy to pull him out of the sandpit in "Skull".

A Minindiana Jones would be a fresh approach to a reboot. Imagine Minindy being tortured on a medieval rack...I would think Jackass' Wee Man would be a great Indy, he could do (and talk about doing) his own stunts.

He's escaped Preston Lacey more than once...

Colonel Corey

You know, this would have been fantastic! :D The villians would probably always miss when they we're trying to punch Indy, because hes so short! :D Then, his full name should be Minihenry Minindy Minijones... Well, that's not very creative, though... Oh well! .:whip:

Colonel Corey said:
You know, this would have been fantastic! :D The villians would probably always miss when they we're trying to punch Indy, because hes so short! :D

What would he have done when they started to punt him...?

Montana Smith

Mickiana said:
Australians invented midget throwing!!! Geez, we are a pioneering country.

What a loss it was to British culture when so many of the finest minds were transported to Australia. :mad: :p

medium_postalverne.jpg

I'm not sure if I pity Verne Troyer or envy him. Here is a tiny little man who makes a living being a smaller, more abrasive version of other people. People dress him up as say, Indiana Jones, and then film him saying things like, "This is a message for Indiana Jones. I'll f*** you up!" in his little tiny voice. It's all part of a contest over at the Postal movie's MovieSet web page, which plays up the "hopelessly outclassed" marketing angle Uwe Boll's people have cooked up. After watching the clip you are challenged to guess what's in Verne's sack for a chance to win the contents, but I don't think any of us really want to know what Verne is carrying around in his sack. Best just to hit the link, view the clip, and leave such questions unpondered.

http://kotaku.com/verne-troyer/

Montana Smith

Mickiana said:
So you are blaming the mother country for our cultural 'highs'?;)

And in return you gave us Neighbours and Home and Away.

It wasn't a fair trade. ;)

Almost on topic, if you believe Verne Troyer, Indy should have been more diminutive:

POSTAL (Blu-ray Edition)

The limited set of bonus features wraps up with a short spot by Verne Troyer dressed as Indiana Jones saying how much better Postal was going to be than the new Indy movie, both of which released in theaters on the same day.

http://www.gamechronicles.com/dvd/bd/postal/postal.htm