Should There Be A Indy Prequel........

AntiJones

We know that Indy 4 , like it or not is going to be made and it definitely will be a Box Office success. Anticipating this success and supposing that Spielberg and Lucas like the idea of continue making Indy movies - in this case prequels : will you watch it? Whom do you think can play younger Indy well? Me, for once think that Joe Flanigan looks quite like HF when he is young. (Check it out at
http://www.joeflanigan.com/Jfdc_photos_Shadow.htm).

Finn

Staff member
Oh well, at least this guy isn't too famous yet.

If Indy's face is ever to change, having an unknown starts sound like a better idea second after second.

McSeem

I always wanted to see movie about Young Indy, so I wait hardly for Indy prequel.

That actor, Joe Flanigan, looks normal for Indy role. Especially if he won't shave his beard :)

HovitosKing

Why not? We've had Temple of Doom, which was a prequel, and the YIJC...I don't see why not. I wouldn't be as emotionally attached to it, but it probably wouldn't ruin the franchise for me unless they started just slapping films together for the sake of steady income (like the 007 franchise).

LaoChe

It would certainly solve the macguffin problem. After all, there are only so many supernaturally-powerful-lost-religious-relics out there.

Prequel would eliminate the need to top the existing three movies. Temple of doom (as much as i loved it) didn't have a great macguffin, so the prequels could be more in this vein than with Raiders.

I like this idea, it's like a not-so-young-but-not-thirty Indiana Jones chronicles. He could still be finding artifacts (as in TOD) and selling them off to the highest bidder, the show could cover the years leading up to Temple of Doom.

Johnny Nys

Hey, just making an observation. Let's play a game:

True or False:

Indiana Jones is a professor but primarily a globe-trotting relic hunter, looking for ancient artifacts to return to museums and/or the ancestors of the original owner.

intergamer

Johnny Nys said:
Hey, just making an observation. Let's play a game:

True or False:

Indiana Jones is a professor but primarily a globe-trotting relic hunter, looking for ancient artifacts to return to museums and/or the ancestors of the original owner.

UM... TRUE

But truly Indy is MUCH MORE than a relic hunter, and certainly doesn't auction things off to the highest bidder. *scoff

BTW, Hi AJ

and 1000 POSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: