Shrinking (Apple TV+ show)

emtiem

I enjoyed it but it felt a bit played out by the end of the series and I'm not sure the characters are going anywhere now. It also feels in danger of veering into Ted Lasso saccharine territory already. Ford is great in it but was repeating himself a little by the end; I'm not sure it needs another series.

antonb

I liked it a lot. They have a 3 season arc according to the creators, so they must have ideas where it can go. I’m just wondering when Ford going to be available to shoot it! 1923 is like a 5 month plus shoot, unless he is going to get killed off after a couple of episodes. And all the Marvel stuff. Apparently he’s also in thunderbolts due to start in the autumn

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
I think Ford's team made the right move during the pandemic, shifting to streaming. Whether or not lots of people subscribe to this streamer, Apple has plenty of money to throw at content. (At least until they invent those unbreakable rubber phones from Paranoia.) Modern Family was likely the template here, where Ed O'Neill was the familiar name and was eventually paid over half a million for a few minutes of screen time per episode.

emtiem

Jessica Williams is legitimately brilliant; Segel is... okay. But doesn't light the screen up every time he appears like Ford does. That's a bit mad.

FordFan

I don't know how Ford didn't sweep the awards circuit for 1923 or Shrinking. Completely different characters and genres, and some of his best work.