Snakes, why did it have to be...?

Perhilion

I don't see what the big deal is. It's a gag that's been around a long time, it fits in an Indy movie, and if it's the right snake then it could work...or could it? Call the Mythbusters!

Tom Cook

Violet Indy said:
Somone's been watching too much Steve Irwin.:p Don't remind me of how dangerous the animals are here. :eek: Mac speaks with a cockney English accent. WE don't speak like that.

:hat: I've been duly corrected.

I should know better, too. I have an Uncle, who came to Cooktown (from Florida) when he was 17... and never came back. My immediate family visited him once, 10 yrs ago.

Alternative hypothesis... the snake belongs to Spalko. Perhaps she uses it as part of her torture-getup for Indy? And then while Mutt is in her tent, and they're making a getaway, he decides to steal it/let it loose?

nitzsche

I'm going to have to believe Spielberg doesn't care whether that snake is indigenous or not. Just like he didn't care that there is no such thing as giant vampire bats. He expects people to go "snake in jungle... of course" and that'll be the extent of it.

The Man

Perhilion said:
I don't see what the big deal is. It's a gag that's been around a long time, it fits in an Indy movie, and if it's the right snake then it could work...or could it? Call the Mythbusters!

The Mythbusters are currently busy stripping out a fridge and negotiating a weapons purchase from Kim Jong Il. May God protect them...

Yure

Pet or not, Indy getting out of a quicksand grabbing on a snake is something I truly want to see :D

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Tom Cook said:
:hat: I've been duly corrected.

I should know better, too. I have an Uncle, who came to Cooktown (from Florida) when he was 17... and never came back. My immediate family visited him once, 10 yrs ago.

Alternative hypothesis... the snake belongs to Spalko. Perhaps she uses it as part of her torture-getup for Indy? And then while Mutt is in her tent, and they're making a getaway, he decides to steal it/let it loose?

Cooktown...ohh, croc territory! I'm way further south, thank God. Better make sure he wasn't eaten by a croc. I hear Americans are a favourite delicacy right beside German backpackers. All right, I'm pulling your leg royally. But seriously, there are heaps of crocs up there.

Maybe it is Spalko's. Considering the kind of woman they're making her out to be, I could see her owning a snake, but that's kind of an Anuck-su-namun thing though from Mummy Returns. I don't think Mutt would let it loose on purpose, maybe knocks it over when Spalko threatens him or Indy with it and a fight ensues, knocking the snake out and away from Spalko. Or maybe it's just a random snake. Introduced species from crappy customs can always happen. :p Happened in Queensland (the state I live in) with South American fire ants. They are totally bad and they're been pretty much eradicated now. It took like eight years.