Sonic Makes A Comeback

RedeemedChild

Well it look's like Sonic is making a grassroots return to his 2D SEGA Genesis past.

Enjoy!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4-MTCp3wHBI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4-MTCp3wHBI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

The Drifter

How many times has Team Sega promised us that the "next" Sonic games was gonna be like it's early titles. But, every time they add some idiotic feature like becoming a werewolf, or making us play as some new friend of Sonic's. And, who can even forget Shadow the Hedgehog?

This sums up every Sonic games nicely:
thesoniccycle1.png

Agent Crab

Not much of a fan of the furry anymore. Spax made Sonic less cool.

Maybe I will just play Sonic 2 and be happy. Though.. Sonic fans are another story.. for they are scary.

RedeemedChild

Agent Crab said:
Not much of a fan of the furry anymore. Spax made Sonic less cool.

Maybe I will just play Sonic 2 and be happy. Though.. Sonic fans are another story.. for they are scary.

Oh, come on Agent Crab. The trailer had to cause you to at lest want to know more right? I mean it was quite the teaser if I ever saw one. I mean you to have liked Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood right?

Sonic the Hedgehog is one the greatest franchises behind Nintendo's Mario.

DocWhiskey

If Sonic the hedgehog were real, he'd be Corey Feldman.

He was good back in the 80s, but now he's kind of lame, and even seeing his face warns you that crap is about to happen.

I used to like Sonic, but Sonic's games have been poor for some time.

Though this does look promising, taking Sonic back to his roots, don't get your hopes up.

Dr Bones

DocWhiskey said:
If Sonic the hedgehog were real, he'd be Corey Feldman.

He was good back in the 80s, but now he's kind of lame, and even seeing his face warns you that crap is about to happen.

I used to like Sonic, but Sonic's games have been poor for some time.

Though this does look promising, taking Sonic back to his roots, don't get your hopes up.

What he said...exactly what he said.(y)

Sadly I think this franchise has overstayed it's welcome.

It has it's place in gaming history but that's where it should stay.

What new could they do with it?...Well apparenlty they have tried it all and the fans hated it, so now back to basics?...If they do go back to it's roots and that's a big if...we've seen it all before so what's the point?

Game over. :gun: :dead:

Agent Crab

RedeemedChild said:
Oh, come on Agent Crab. The trailer had to cause you to at lest want to know more right? I mean it was quite the teaser if I ever saw one. I mean you to have liked Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood right?

Sonic the Hedgehog is one the greatest franchises behind Nintendo's Mario.

Tell that to all the people who create 9000 hedgehog and hybrids. People have opinions. Sonic went down hill for me after the adventure series.. When the serie stook a downwards fall down a rocky hill, breaking every bone in his body.

The fanbase.. ever been on Sonic Passion?

This is just like you harping on me and saying Naruto was a landmark anime.

Sonic was good in the 90's when it was Just Sonic, Knuckles and Tails. Not all these friends and shoe in Emo character that is known as Shadow.

Mario has been in some rocky spaces, but most of his games have been pretty grand.

Nurhachi1991

Sonic has worn out his welcome I diddnt like the game as a kid and I don't like it now it was to fast for me hahahaha

RedeemedChild

Well Agent Crab, I'm a Sonic The Hedgehog fan and as such I'm willing give SEGA a chance to prove a victory with Project Needlemouse. Futhermore I've enjoyed the majority of the latest Sonic games, including Sonic Unleashed. Besides I grew up on Sonic 3D Blast and Sonic 1, 2, and 3. Is it any wonder that I and my fellow fans would be happy about a return to the old glory days?

Dr.Jonesy

I LOVE the Sonic games for my Sega. I haven't liked any of his 3D games except for Sonic Unleashed...that was an awesome Sonic game!

:gun:

I'm a bit iffy about 2D though...

Agent Crab

RedeemedChild said:
Well Agent Crab, I'm a Sonic The Hedgehog fan and as such I'm willing give SEGA a chance to prove a victory with Project Needlemouse. Futhermore I've enjoyed the majority of the latest Sonic games, including Sonic Unleashed. Besides I grew up on Sonic 3D Blast and Sonic 1, 2, and 3. Is it any wonder that I and my fellow fans would be happy about a return to the old glory days?

So, did you like Sonic 06? I wonder if you know Spax.

Hans

RedeemedChild said:

Just give up after shadow the hedgehog i would rether stick my finger in a light sought then play another sonic game come on after shadow tails went gay :dead:

Agent Crab

Hans said:
Just give up after shadow the hedgehog i would rether stick my finger in a light sought then play another sonic game come on after shadow tails went gay :dead:

Most Sonic games just have poor story lines these days. That or just lame plot devices. Unleashed could've bene good, but alot of things seemed pointless. Werehog?

Riders was okay.. but just seemed like Sonic Team wants Sonic to complete with Mario in the racing buisness.

There was Sonic Drift and Sonic R, of course. There was that godawful Sonic the Fighters as well.

I love the new Sonic games better than the old ones, no hard feelings folks. I just didn't like the looks of the old ones i guess. I'm a number one fan of Sonic. BTW i really like Sonic X TV show, has anyone seen it? Can't wait for this game to come out. (y) I love Sonic and friends an you gotta love Shadow.

AlivePoet

I was a huge fan of the Genesis games growing up, and I enjoyed Sonic Adventure for the Dreamcast also. Since then nothing newer has really struck my interest, partly because I've played a bit of them and they suck, and I tend to play the older games for the nostalgic value. But if they can offer up a new game that goes back to its roots, stop trying to be cool and go back to the instrumental music, this could be great.

The Drifter

IndyWolf15 said:
I love the new Sonic games better than the old ones, no hard feelings folks. I just didn't like the looks of the old ones i guess. I'm a number one fan of Sonic. BTW i really like Sonic X TV show, has anyone seen it? Can't wait for this game to come out. (y) I love Sonic and friends an you gotta love Shadow.

Which of the older ones have you played? Sonic 2 was my favorite.

Agent Crab

Lonsome_Drifter said:
Which of the older ones have you played? Sonic 2 was my favorite.

Sonic X was a terrible excuse of a show to the Franchise as is. Showing off an OC Marty-Stu.

Sonic and Knuckles was epic.

Shadow makes me hate all the dark and brooding characters I see these days.

The Drifter

Agent Crab said:
Sonic X was a terrible excuse of a show to the Franchise as is. Showing off an OC Marty-Stu.

Sonic and Knuckles was epic.

Shadow makes me hate all the dark and brooding characters I see these days.

Shadow is worse than Biggs the Cat, and Biggs gets all the hate. The only Sonic games that I like and still play are, Sonic 1, 2, 3, Sonic and Knuckles, and Sonic Adventure.
I also like the Sonic Bioware RPG (I have it and beat it, but damned if I can remember the name of it!).

RedeemedChild

Out of all the Sonic games that I've played this is my favorite of all time after Sonic Unleashed.

Sonic 2
Sonic2_European_Box.jpg

I also enjoyed Sonic 3 and it is become of these two games that I'm very much excited about SEGA Project Needlemouse.

Sonic_3_Special_Stage.png

BTW the SEGA/BioWare RPG you're speaking of Lonsome Drifter is Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood. I also like it.

I also like Sonic and the Black Knight along with with the classic Sonic 3D Blast.