Special Edition Truck Chase?

Darth Vile

ResidentAlien,

Is that the best you've got? Referencing wiki as a source just shows how paper thin your argument was. For the record, you admitted nothing. You tried to argue that they'd done multiple takes or something. There is nothing wrong in making a mistake, it's the nature of your posts that I find concerning coupled with your arrogant manner. You were called out.

Snakes

-Jones- said:
At the end of the truck chase /marketplace/, you can notice that there is no Toht, but his dummy :|.

I noticed that too! I'm surprised I never noticed it until I saw Raiders on USA.

Darth Vile said:
ResidentAlien,

Is that the best you've got? Referencing wiki as a source just shows how paper thin your argument was. For the record, you admitted nothing. You tried to argue that they'd done multiple takes or something. There is nothing wrong in making a mistake, it's the nature of your posts that I find concerning coupled with your arrogant manner. You were called out.

Christ, you're an arrogant *****. Keep reassuring yourself of your own self-worth via a messageboard, pal. Congratulations.

I admitted my error immediately and someone else then proved YOU wrong by noting that the Work Print (ie the very FIRST cut) says "father" not "****er." And I also admitted that Wiki wasn't a great source but that makes it no less accurate in this case. The line was slurred in one version or another. You haven't any ground to stand on here.

Darth Vile

ResidentAlien,

You are backtracking faster than a politician. You tried to state that Roy Batty said "FACKER" (whatever that means) and not "FATHER" in the new cut of Blade Runner (he does not). You then tried to state that it must of been done purely for the new DVD's, as you "Definitely" heard it clearly in the cinema. You then used the same tone with DaveTheHutt when he suggested you were also wrong. Remember?

I'm struggling to see what you are actually trying to argue here. You got it wrong. Be big enough to back down and move on.

Suggest you post me direct if you want to keep up the pointless debate rather than hijack another thread.

Darth Vile said:
ResidentAlien,

You are backtracking faster than a politician. You tried to state that Roy Batty said "FACKER" (whatever that means) and not "FATHER" in the new cut of Blade Runner (he does not). You then tried to state that it must of been done purely for the new DVD's, as you "Definitely" heard it clearly in the cinema. You then used the same tone with DaveTheHutt when he suggested you were also wrong. Remember?

I'm struggling to see what you are actually trying to argue here. You got it wrong. Be big enough to back down and move on.

Suggest you post me direct if you want to keep up the pointless debate rather than hijack another thread.

Me hijack a thread?

Rich.

No, **** you. You aren't worth my time. I don't deal with children.

Kooshmeister

So, anyway....far be it from me to try and play moderator but I just wanted to toss in my humble opinion that you two could maybe do this without all the name-calling....

And, ResidentAlien, from what I can see you're the one behaving childishly. Darth Vile has tried very patiently to present his arguments without being mean, and your responses are always filled with censored cuss words and vitriol....

Anyway, as SterankoII suggested....anybody got a screenshot of the scene in question yet? Someone mentioned recording it on TiVo....

Kooshmeister said:
So, anyway....far be it from me to try and play moderator but I just wanted to toss in my humble opinion that you two could maybe do this without all the name-calling....

And, ResidentAlien, from what I can see you're the one behaving childishly. Darth Vile has tried very patiently to present his arguments without being mean, and your responses are always filled with censored cuss words and vitriol....

Anyway, as SterankoII suggested....anybody got a screenshot of the scene in question yet? Someone mentioned recording it on TiVo....

Ah, bugger off.

You always go sticking your nose in other's affairs?

No, he attacked me, and he provoked me. The discussion was very calm until he came at me in post # 86 by condescending and flagrantly attacking what was a perfectly fair argument.

Look whose tone became vitriolic first. Not mine.

So bugger on off and don't interfere.

God'sRadio

Blue Jay said:
is there any chance of getting a screenshot? i am really interested in seeing this revised scene.

i have nothing against "tampering" with the movies i love.
i can always go back and watch the version i like the most.

IT IS STILL A CHOICE.

after years of watching the same movie again and again, i welcome subtle variations or improvements in the effects. from time to time i like experience this movie as a whole new movie.

i had this experience when the trilogy arrived on dvd. the picture quality and sound was a vast improvement and i could enjoy the movie toally different.

if there are scenes touched up, i am fine with it.

that doesnt say i will always love it, when they do that but it will always be interested to see that.

I'm not sure there is any evidence that it has been. Peculiar if a USA network showing would have it and not the new DVDs

SterankoII

So can people at least describe what's been changed? Did they change the matte painting? The vehicles look different? What?

Finn

Staff member
Kids... I see little too many asterisks around than what's in the borders of fine and dandy.

RA... what about a civilized argument for change?