Spider bites

The_Raiders

Has anyone here ever been bit by a spider/spiders? Last night I thought I had a weird cut on my finger but this morning where the "cut" was there was a little white bump that was dark around the sides, and with with close examintation, I saw two little holes where I got bit, I took a knife and popped it open, drained it and kept it clean, now it just looks like a red sore, it's pretty small, but earlier I also noticed one on my stomache as well! I did the same with it too, they are small sores, so I should be ok right? I feel fine. Has anyone here ever had any experiances like this? I'm not really worried about the bites I have now, mostly getting more :eek: .

Gear

If you lived in South America, Mexico, or the Middle East this might be a different story, but I think you'll live dude.

Indy Byrd

Just keep an eye on the sores. If they start to get a little tender, go to the Dr. ASAP!! Where was you right before you noticed the cuts? Might be a good idea to spray in the corners and darker places to kill the spiders and keep one of the dead ones in case you need to go to the Dr. so they know what kind bit you. Best advice would be keep them clean and let them breathe air (the sores) cause if you cover then up for long periods of time and let the drainage build up it could deteriate the skin around it and make for a nasty scar.

The_Raiders

Ok, thanks Indy byrd, I'm not worried about the sores, But i have had bandaids on them, so I'll let them breathe. Lol yeah Gear I think I'll live too, lol I'm just acred of ore "sores" :eek:

roundshort

gear guardian said:
If you lived in South America, Mexico, or the Middle East this might be a different story, but I think you'll live dude.

Why just these places? North America has the worlds worst spiders!!! Always be careful with Spider Bites

The Drifter

I have been bit by spiders many times. The house I grew up in was overan with them. In my area the only poisonous spiders are the black widow, and the brown recluse.

If they keep giving you problems, you need to get them checked out.

Coronado

I've never been bitten by a spider - because I never get anywhere near them! If one was close enough to even think about biting me, I'd freak! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Spiders are my weakness.

-Coronado

Indy_Chic

Whoa Raiders! How are the spider bites now?!:eek:

I haven't been bitten by a spider but I've been stung by a scorpion several times a couple years ago. It hurts! :dead: My Dad ended up taking me to hospital because he was more worried than I was.

RaideroftheArk

I've been bitten a few times. Here's the funny part...the first time I was bit, I brought the spider into the ER with me...the Dr. told me "You are the first person to ever get bit by a spider and bring it to me within 20 minutes of it happening...unfortunately, there is nothing I can do for you, not unless it gets infected then I can give you an antibotic...until then, here's a tetnus shot and some benedryl."

Depending on where you live, it's best to get all the info on the possible spiders that reside in your area, this way you'll know what to do if you ever get bit again.

From what you described, I wouldn't worry too much unless you feel sick. If the wound is red and irritated it might be infected, but other than that, put some benedryl creme (if you have any) on it and keep the area clean.

The_Raiders

Indy_Chic said:
Whoa Raiders! How are the spider bites now?!:eek:

I haven't been bitten by a spider but I've been stung by a scorpion several times a couple years ago. It hurts! :dead: My Dad ended up taking me to hospital because he was more worried than I was.

DOn't worry I_C, I tihnk there ok,they just look like little sores now. Their healing up pretty good. (y)

Indy_Chic

The_Raiders said:
DOn't worry I_C, I tihnk there ok,they just look like little sores now. Their healing up pretty good. (y)

That's good to hear Raiders! I'm glad you're not in hospital or anything, otherwise I would have no one to annoy lol.:p

The_Raiders

Indy_Chic said:
That's good to hear Raiders! I'm glad you're not in hospital or anything, otherwise I would have no one to annoy lol.:p

Lol, nope I'm fine, Adam got stabbed by a catfish fin, those are poisen, it just made his finger sting really bad. But yeah I've been keeping medecine on them and keeping them clean so I tihnk they will be fiine. (y)

kongisking

Personally, I just hope you don't start shooting webs from your wrists and climbing up walls. Spider-Men aren't too popular with the public, ya know...;)

Indy~Annie

The_Raiders said:
Has anyone here ever been bit by a spider/spiders? Last night I thought I had a weird cut on my finger but this morning where the "cut" was there was a little white bump that was dark around the sides, and with with close examintation, I saw two little holes where I got bit, I took a knife and popped it open, drained it and kept it clean, now it just looks like a red sore, it's pretty small, but earlier I also noticed one on my stomache as well! I did the same with it too, they are small sores, so I should be ok right? I feel fine. Has anyone here ever had any experiances like this? I'm not really worried about the bites I have now, mostly getting more :eek: .

if you put real honey (not like what you get at wal~mart thats half honey and half corn starch.lol) well as i was saying put honey on spider bites it supposed to help,my mom got a spider bite on her arm (a big one,pretty gross) and she put honey on it and it went away.:)

indyclone25

i have been bitten a few times by spiders mostly i put some alcohol on it and just watch to see that it doesnt get red and they go away with a day or so

The_Raiders

All mine are completly gone, sorry I have told anyone, the one on my finger and hand disapeared long ago leaving only little marks. I had one aboce my left eye that got swollen kind of, but I always popped it and empedied it of its contenst and put hand sanitizer on it and it went away fine.

Don't swallow.

I read somewhere that humans swallow spiders all the time when they are sleeping.

I make sure that I check my bedroom thoroughly each night. Still, I am paranoid every time I retire. Those suckers like to come out when the lights go out. Horrific. I am sure that they actively seek human skin.

Someone should invent a SPIDAGUARD(R) that you can wear in bed to cover the nostrils and mouth while you sleep.