Spider-Man 3

Chris Jones

I on the other hand can't wait to see it. It looks alot better than the second one, though it does seem like it will be different than the first too. I think it will be a great movie non the less.

kongisking

Go to my new "Spider-Man 3 clip" thread in the "Films" section to see a special clip of Venom fighting Spidey!!!

It's short, though. But it is played over and over, so you can study it. There is also an awesome close-up of Venom jumping at-camera.

Spidey 3 will rock!!!

Johan

Sure the first couple of movies were fun. But I have to say the acting in the Spidy one was horrendous and the dialogue was cheezy. The second one was a wee bit better...but not much. Hopefully the dark looking 3rd one (the Temple of doom in the 3) will take away a bit of the cheeziness.

Chris Jones

Has anyone seen this yet? I'm seeing it tonight, hopefully i won't be dissapointed. THis si Spidey's ultimate villian! It is sure to be better than the first two! The trailers have made it look so great!

I'll let you know what i thought of it when i get back late tonight lol.

San Holo

I just got back from seeing Spiderman 3, and I really liked it. I know there will be alot of critics who will blast this film because it 'aint no Spidey 2 . The second installment was near perfection on every level, and while the 3rd was great, it just never reached that level of perfection. That being said, this movie was awesome with everything you have come to expect from the Raimi's super hero - action,comedy, drama, and a kicka$$ dance number;) The best 3 things about Spiderman 3 are as follows-Dark Spidey rules, Gwen Stacy is hot, and Bruce Campbell stole the show. My only real complaint with the movie was how little of Venom we get-he deserved way more than the 20 minutes of screentime he got. F the critics, go see this movie and enjoy(y)

Chris Jones

I liked it, and it hink it is worth seeing, but i do feel a bit let down from all the hype for it. The movie had its great momens, but also had its weaknesses which you could point out very easily, which is kind of sad...

But other that that, heh, it is a fun and enjoyable movie. I wish we got more of Venom though :(

Katarn07

I give Spidey 1 an 8/10.
I give Spidey 2 a 9.5/10.
I give Spidey 3 a 7/10.

The three villains do ruin it. I felt no sympathy for Sandman as Raimi wanted us to, Venom had way too short of screen time (though they did a great job characterizing Brock throughout the film), and I didn't get the conclusion of Harry and Peter's relationship I wanted. The action scenes in the beginning are awesome, particularly the first two with Sandman, but the one at the end is a joke.

The music sucked, but the humor was great. Bruce Campbell had the best role in this one out of the three, and Ted Raimi had his best scene with Jonah Jameson who also was a riot throughout.

If it were me, I would have gotten rid of Sandman and saved him for a later film. I would have made the suit take Peter over much like it did but he'd go after Harry because Harry wouldn't have gotten amnesia and been attacking Peter, MJ, and Aunt May throughout. He'd get rid of it after throwing the bomb and Brock would have become Venom for the last half. I don't know what to do from there, because Harry never finds redemption in the comics and I was counting on him dying much like Norman does in the first one. Also it was a mistake killing Venom, and in such a lame way too boot.

Anyways, despite all my negative rantings, it was still a fun movie worth seeing. Here's hoping we finally get Lizard in Spidey 4. He'd make a better villain than either Sandman or Venom did in this one.

Dr.Sartorius

I wasn't that disappointed because I didn't have huge expectations after not loving the other two movies.

There were some real WTF scenes. At least 6 of 'em.

SPOILER ALERT:

Things I didn't like/WTF moments:

Topher Grace as Venom/Eddie Brock :mad:
Venom's short screen time :mad:
Peter Parker/MJ/Harry love triangle :sick:
Emo Peter Parker :confused:
Disco Peter dancing on the sidewalk :confused:
The nightclub/jazz bar scene :sick:
The Harry and MJ dancing the Twist scene :confused:
The British reporter during the final battle :confused:
Mary Jane singing all 3 times :confused:

Things I did like:

Bryce Dallas Howards's big ass and cleavage
Most of the action scenes
Sandman
Battle Royale minus Topher Grace and the reporter
The end credits

Overall I'll give the movie a generous 4/10.

Chris Jones

I actually enjoyed it more the second time. IDK why, but i did, the first time i saw it i felt let down, probabyl because i was setting the bar way high, but the second time around i accepted it for what it was. A good action flick. I let the little flaws and scheesy parts go for the most part.

And to those who think Venom is dead, Peter's professor still has the sample he examined! So we may be seeing more of Venom in the 4th hopefully, with the cast and crew that have been with us since movie 1.

Baron Brunwald

CMNeir said:
I actually enjoyed it more the second time. IDK why, but i did, the first time i saw it i felt let down, probabyl because i was setting the bar way high, but the second time around i accepted it for what it was. A good action flick. I let the little flaws and scheesy parts go for the most part.

And to those who think Venom is dead, Peter's professor still has the sample he examined! So we may be seeing more of Venom in the 4th hopefully, with the cast and crew that have been with us since movie 1.

Forget Venom. I want Mysterio in 4.
Mysterio442px.jpg

indifan101

I honestly didn't care for this one. I thought it was too long and they killed off venom and harry way to early.

Indy_Chic

SPOILER WARNING!!! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!

Disco Peter dancing on the sidewalk

When this part came on in the movie the audience in the theatre went completely crazy. Lots of 'what the?' were being shouted out.... LOL :D

Also, the audience would laugh loudly everytime Peter Parker cried. (Mostly when MJ broke up with him and when Harry died.) Which I found strange. Anyone else get weird audience reactions in the theatre when watching Spiderman 3? :confused:

Dr.Sartorius

Anyone else get weird audience reactions in the theatre when watching Spiderman 3?

Yeah, people clapped at the end of my showing. I was like, "What the @#$*?".

People were walking out of the theater ten minutes before the movie actually ended.