Spielberg "happy to make another Indiana Jones movie"

DetectiveFork

Kernunnos said:
5. No Mutt.

I would suggest keeping an open mind about the character, since we haven't seen him in action yet, and for your own enjoyment of the film. I don't like Lucas' comment about making Mutt the lead, either. But I also think Mutt is here to stay unless he goes over as badly as Jar Jar, which I don't think would be the case. Hey, maybe Mutt won't be in the 5th Indy movie, but we'll get Jar Jar instead. Oh, god, I'd like to see someone splice that together as a fake trailer on YouTube. lol But anyway, I think Mutt will be in a 5th Indy movie if there is one, and in a way we need a younger character, as much as I think a story about an older Indy kicking butt on his own would be great. But hopefully common sense will prevail and Mutt and Indy would be more like adventuring partners, not Mutt dragging Indy along. I'd personally like to see them venture up Mt. Ararat to find Noah's Ark.

Vendetta08

Yeah I have no problem with Mutt. I think Shia will play an awesome side-kick. But that's it, Mutt is side-kick to Indy, I do not want to see it the other way around is all.

G-Man

Keeping an open mind on Mutt is fine, but I agree that Indy V should shake things up again and ditch Mutt (and Marion) who can go off on his own adventures...

I don't want an Indy V to resemble Lethal Weapon IV (or the Mummy II & III) which seem to be family affairs. But I guess the female love interest would be difficult given the ending of Kingdom...

Vendetta08

G-Man said:
Keeping an open mind on Mutt is fine, but I agree that Indy V should shake things up again and ditch Mutt (and Marion) who can go off on his own adventures...

Unfortunately, I have read spoilers and can tell you this would be highly unlikely.
You see Marion is Indy's wife and Mutt is his son, he can't leave them. Both would obviously return for the sequel

G-Man

Vendetta08 said:
Unfortunately, I have read spoilers and can tell you this would be highly unlikely.
You see Marion is Indy's wife and Mutt is his son, he can't leave them. Both would obviously return for the sequel
Yeah, that was kinda my point... It's going to be difficult to do the Indy V I would hope for, that wasn't too connected to this one...

I wouldn't want
'The Indiana Jones Family and the New Maguffin...'

Chris Jones

Vendetta08 said:
So it's pretty much confirmed. If Crystal Skull does good, Lucas and Spielberg will make a fifth film with Mutt in the lead and Indy playing second fiddle.

Just because Spielberg said that there is a possibility for a 5th doesn't mean he haas agreed with Lucas' idea.

And since they are talking about a 5th Indy, Indy of course has to be in the lead role! If he wasn't, i don't think it deserves the Indy name in the title.

Kernunnos

Have the adventure of your life keeping up with The Jones Family!

And at the end of every subsequent movie, they can have a 'Waltons' shot of the Jones house with the lights going off accompanied by voices saying:

Indy: Goodnight Mutt.

Mutt: Goodnight Pops.

Marion: Goodnight Mutt.

Mutt: Goodnight Mommy.

bedroom light goes off leaving one light on

Indy: Goodnight Marion.

Marion: Goodnight Indy.

Last bedroom light goes off, cue the Raiders March and end credits

When Lucas sees that, he'll click his fingers and exclaim: "Eureka!"

God'sRadio

It'll take at least 3 or 4 years - Speilberg wants to film Tin Tin and Lincoln first, then a year off. Harrison would be 68... If they make it, it will be Mutt and Dad

jazzycmk

I'm a fairly health conscious individual. I like a good steak every now and then, but I usually cut off the fat and gristle, etc.

Sharing a dinner with my Dad once, I mentioned he might do the same.

He said to me, "When I eat steak, I eat steak."

That's kind of my gut reaction to an Indy movie with Indy in a secondary role.

If you're going to make an Indiana Jones move, make an Indiana Jones movie.

Oh....and I should keep my eyes on my own plate.

But whatever....only about 78 hours until KOTCS. Let's all enjoy it. Fan buzz is high. Reviews seem to be improving. Going to be a fun week.

Indy fan 235

I'd love to see another Indy movie made after this one. As far as Macguffins, here is my wish list:

Excalibur
Thor's hammer
Atlantis
Another religious item: Staff or Moses, Noah's Ark, a thorn from the Crown of Thorns Jesus wore (just throwing ideas out)

Shortie

Thor's Hammer?

If this is released in 2010, Paramount would probably beg that one just to promote the Thor movie. Despite Thor reportedly having a cameo in IM2, also in 2010.

Short Round MUST return, if Marion returns then Shortie can too. Plus he can have an actual reason for being there than "Hey it's Shortie" (ala Saucer Men), if they go with the "Lost Diary" saying he's an archaeologist.

Dr.Sartorius

IMO:

Indy 5 would have to be filmed really soon, Indy cannot be relegated to sidekick status (i.e. Mutt will not be the main hero), and would have to be directed by Spielberg.

Shortie

I think the film we should be worrying about is Lincoln. I mean that movie could of came out last year, but noooooooo...

James

I have a hard time believing that Spielberg would even consider making an Indy film where Harrison Ford isn't the main star. I think Shia will be fine in KOTCS, but would prefer that the films continue in the same episodic manner. So, I wouldn't want an Indy 5 that felt like a direct continuation of Indy 4.

But I wonder if they would set the film a couple of years after KOTCS- as they did with the original films- or try to set it even further ahead? For example, Harrison Ford recently told Maxim that it would be interesting to see Indy in the 1960's...

Matt Holcomb

I can't resist weighing in here.

I think it's a forgone conclusion that "KotCS" is going to come close to breaking box-office records, which means that a fifth "Indiana Jones" is also a certainty, based on what Mr. Spielberg said today/yesterday (depending on what part of the world you live in).

I like the idea of a story where Indiana Jones is the primary MacGuffin. It could go something like this:

Indy, along with half a dozen of the world's most renowned and respected archaeologists, has been hired by a very rich and powerful (and dastardly) European industrialist to locate the secondary MacGuffin (can't think of anything spectacularly good off the top of my head) that is widely believed to be located on one of the industrialist's private islands somewhere in South-East Asia (precariously close to Vietnam).

But after twelve months, friends and relatives of members of the "dream team" suddenly stop receiving correspondence from the island. Something is clearly amiss. Mutt and Marion are worried -- the Vietnam War has just begun, and they're concerned that Indy, along with the rest of the team, could be incidental casualties of the nascent war.

Mutt throws caution to the wind and decides to travel to the island to find out why he has a bad feeling about his father, and after a lot of dangerous investigative work, discovers that the "dream team" has been enslaved by the industrialist to search for the secondary MacGuffin, which most likely does not exist.

Mutt helps his father and the other archaeologists escape the clutches of the industrialist, and in the process, they find clues that point to the existence of the secondary MacGuffin, which they ultimately discover and use to destroy the industrialist and his minions.

Kernunnos

Fonz.jpg