Spielberg to do Worlds in november

grumpus

i dont know if anyone else has heard this but i guess speilberg is going to start filming War of the Worlds in november, so i dont know if that will change anything with Indy 4, so if any of you know more then i do id be greatful to hear it

Pale Horse

Staff member
Just an FYI, most films have a 45 day filming schedule, some as low as 20, some enormously high, (into the 100's) but typically you're looking at 45-60...with the typical PR and administrative work to follow.

Johan

and you would think it would take less time to do a CGI remake of an old movie like War Of the Worlds

blur

Here's hoping they do it true to the book - such as setting it in England at the turn of the 20th century and stuff - rather than that travesty of a film from the 50s.

Indy Benson

I believe that it's going to be a modern interpretation of the book, most likely set in America (although on that part I can't be sure).

Joe Brody

whipem816 said:
By the way, anyone seen "Mars Attacks!"?

I hear that. I don't see how this can be updated and differentiated from other movies like Independence Day. The only thing left -- and even that has been done before -- is satire (i.e., Mars Attacks!). Until I see otherwise, Worlds is further proof that Spielberg is creatively bankrupt.

Indydan13

Maybe it would be a good movie, considering War of the Worlds probably inspired ID4, MA and others. Hopefully, Steve S will do a good job and be done in time for a certain overdue sequel.

:D