Star Trek 2009

Goonie

|ZiR| said:
One of his complaints was that the interior of the ship -- like where Scotty worked -- was "unfinished" looking. Boy, what. How the heck is the deep interior of a spaceship supposed to look?

Didn't you know the guts of the Enterprise is supposed to look like a brewery? It's where the make the Romulan Ale. ;)

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZpZnq_3P_dc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZpZnq_3P_dc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

deckard24

I just saw this yesterday, and I gotta say I wasn't blown away like I expected to be. The reviews have been so positive, that I really thought I would become a serious Trek fan after the credits rolled, but to be honest I'm still pretty indifferent to it.

Overall the film was entertaining at times, and the FX were pretty top notch, but all in all it felt like a bunch of actors doing Star Trek impressions. Young Kirk was good, as was Spock, but the rest felt a little over-the-top(Scotty!). The time travel angle was really convoluted, and sadly Bana was wasted.

Not bad, but not as good as it's being made out to be.

Bjorn Heimdall

I was pleasantly surprised by this film, it was a lot of fun and exciting as well. Had some nice twists and a very clever method of pretty much rebooting the whole thing.
One thing that never bugged me before but did with this movie, was Uhura's skirt. Most of what happens in Star Trek is rather far fetched to begin with but the idea that women on board starships in the future will be wearing skirts is probably more ridiculous than anything else. Somehow it fit the look and feel of the older films but it really struck me how it makes no sense in this one.

The Man

Bjorn Heimdall said:
I was pleasantly surprised by this film, it was a lot of fun and exciting as well. Had some nice twists and a very clever method of pretty much rebooting the whole thing.
One thing that never bugged me before but did with this movie, was Uhura's skirt. Most of what happens in Star Trek is rather far fetched to begin with but the idea that women on board starships in the future will be wearing skirts is probably more ridiculous than anything else. Somehow it fit the look and feel of the older films but it really struck me how it makes no sense in this one.

st-kirk-chris-pine_l.jpg

Kirk: "Look at the legs on that! Look!"
Bones: "For God's sake, Jim! I'm a doctor, not a pervert!"

WillKill4Food said:
Whereabouts? I saw something that I thought was the droid, but I assumed my eyes were messing with me.

Sorry...I will be entering the competition and don't want to skew my odds!
Even though I won't win!

Cool flick! small problems like Kirk ruining the Kobayashi Maru by being to flipant, weak aliens...all in all worth the cash.

Was Winona sporting false teeth?

bennihana123

I saw the movie twice and loved it the second time even more.

I love the old films, but aside from Wrath of Khan, they're nothing special. This was the first Trek movie in a long time to really get me excited or love the characters more than I did before. I thought Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Eric Bana, and pretty much the whole cast was amazing. I just really like my good Science Fiction movies :gun:

Agent Crab

I saw it on Friday at the Drive in.

It was a double feature with Angels and Demons. Star Trek was a fun movie. I enjoyed it.

caats

i ended up seeing it 4 times. so far. matches KOTCS in viewings. just a lot of fun. btw, in none of them did i go by myself, so it's not that sad.

MaverickKing

I'd like to see Abrams tackle Wrath of Khan next. Though who they'd get to play Khan outside of Ricardo Montalban is beyond me.

caats

MaverickKing said:
I'd like to see Abrams tackle Wrath of Khan next. Though who they'd get to play Khan outside of Ricardo Montalban is beyond me.

HECK no. i don't wanna see any rehashing. i hate that. make something new.

RedeemedChild

Leonard Nimoy has made it clear that he feels Chris Pine, Zachory Quinto and J.J. Abrams have done a fine job with Star Trek 11 and I myself really enjoyed the film (surprisingly) and the tie-in comics. The movie was thankfully far better than I had expected it to be. In my opinion it was very much Star Trek as opposed to Star Wars as Abrams had led us to believe. Hopefully the sequel will be just as good.

BTW Chris Pine has already begun talking about the sequel.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsideth...e-talks-star-trek-sequel-denzel-and-more.html

http://www.examiner.com/x-21198-Roc...onard-Nimoy-very-moved-by-new-Star-Trek-movie

3784418736_07691137c0.jpg

Live long and prosper! Beautiful.