Star Wars: The Acolyte

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
It's about 100 BBY, the High Republic Era. Vanity Fair gets the showrunner talking:
"What is not being attended to? What are we turning a blind eye to that could lead to the rise of somebody like Palpatine about a century later?"
"If the light side is proliferating everywhere, what's going on with the dark side? How is it manifesting itself? What is it doing to survive?"
"If you want to explore Star Wars from the perspective of the bad guys, the best time to do it is when the bad guys are wildly outnumbered."
Palpatine is born in 84 BBY, eventual apprentice to Darth Plagueis of undetermined age.

michael

Fast forward 10 years, I see this, and to say I'm apathetic about the SW latest offering is an understatement.

If Indy had this many spin offs, we'd be at the point where we have a Chattar Lal origins show

The Raven would be packed. But at what cost.

Kukulcan

I think in the Star Wars universe endless stories can be told and I believe they are already in books. Every new streaming or cinema entry is welcome, I can decide if I like it or not after watching it.

Indy origin stories (may include Catter Lal or not) would be very welcome. I’d easily prefer an excessive milking of the Indy brand over nothing at all.

metalinvader

When the teaser for TFA dropped, we were playing it endlessly. It was palpable JOY.

Fast forward 10 years, I see this, and to say I'm apathetic about the SW latest offering is an understatement.

My thoughts exactly. I'm enjoying the current season of Bad Batch but the Acolyte trailer is so "meh" to me. It looks like AI wrote a Star Wars show. I'll definitely check it out but I'm keeping my expectations low.Hope I'm wrong.