Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Spurlock

Ah, I thought you meant he left the project, for the creative differences or whatever.

So this updates is good news then? When the addition of Kasdan and progress being made on a finalized script.

I really don't know what to think of this project, I'm definitely not as excited for it as I thought I'd be. Maybe its the combination of post-prequel syndrome and Disney taking a super classic series and turning it into a more "Pirates of the Caribbean" summer blockbuster series. Either way, still more excited for Avatar 2.

kongisking

Spurlock said:
Either way, still more excited for Avatar 2.

Especially since my man Quaritch is coming back! Nothin's over even while he's NOT breathing, it seems!

And I'm not worried about the SW news. It indeed is a totally normal occurrence in Hollywood. But those Abrams haters are probably all gleefully roaring their declarations that now the film will definitely utterly suck...:rolleyes:

Montana Smith

kongisking said:
But those Abrams haters are probably all gleefully roaring their declarations that now the film will definitely utterly suck...:rolleyes:

Abrams is one of the good guys, so we laugh in the face of those people! :D

Pale Horse

Staff member
kongisking said:
Especially since my man Quaritch is coming back! Nothin's over even while he's NOT breathing, it seems!

Listen, and understand. That termin...uh, Avatar is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are blue in the face dead.

kongisking

Montana Smith said:
Abrams is one of the good guys, so we laugh in the face of those people! :D

Want a good laugh, or, rather, a good reason to lose faith in humanity? Go read the comments on the AICN article of the news. It's hilarious and pathetic reading the overreactions from those chumps...

Pale Horse said:
Listen, and understand. That termin...uh, Avatar is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are blue in the face dead.

...or just read that comment.

Spurlock

Seems like Disney really wants a 2015 release, which sort of makes sense. When you look at how well planned the Marvel franchise has been, you can assume a similar plan or layout was set up for Star Wars, and a year boost could cause lots of scheduling conflicts.

But on the other side, I don't want it to be rushed and turn out... well we all know how it could turn out.

Montana Smith

kongisking said:
The overweight blob of grease is back, sure, but where's the mindless philosopher? ;)

Are they talking to each other again yet? :D

The state of play according to IMDB, and not updated since June 2013:

Director: J.J. Abrams

Writers: J.J. Abrams (screenplay), Lawrence Kasdan (screenplay), George Lucas (characters)

Harrison Ford ... Han Solo (rumored)

Mark Hamill ... Luke Skywalker (rumored)

Carrie Fisher ... Leia Solo (rumored)

Billy Dee Williams ... Lando Calrissian (rumored)

Anthony Daniels ... C-3PO (rumored)

That is indeed the makings of a dream team.

The only regret is that they've waited so long to make the sequels. If only they'd started releasing these in 1999, and left the prequels until later, since actors' ages wouldn't have been a concern (apart from Ian McDiarmid's).

Imagine how different (i.e., better) the Star Wars universe might have been.

Nevertheless, it's going to be such a big thing to see these stars reprise their roles - something that looked completely out of the question for many years.

Lucas has supposedly already written treatments for all the films. Here's hoping Abrams and Kasdan can keep him in check, and hit the right note to regain that warm and fuzzy feeling that made the original trilogy so enjoyable.

Stoo

AndyLGR said:
Since c.1980 Lucas has always, always, ALWAYS said that R2 & 3PO would be the ONLY characters to appear in ALL 9 stories. I have the fullest confidence that Disney will honour this vital link.

Those 2 droids are my favourite aspect of the series. To me, they ARE "Star Wars" so 3PO better be in or I'm out!:eek:

kongisking

Stoo said:
Since c.1980 Lucas has always, always, ALWAYS said that R2 & 3PO would be the ONLY characters to appear in ALL 9 stories. I have the fullest confidence that Disney will honour this vital link.

Those 2 droids are my favourite aspect of the series. To me, they ARE "Star Wars" so 3PO better be in or I'm out!:eek:

Threepio or no me-pio.

Gawd, that was awful...:eek: