Supanova Pop Culture Convention

Indy_Chic

Violet said:
@ Indy_Chic-Unfortunately nope! I did see a lady dressed as Indy though an I saw a few little fellas running around- they were selling those kiddie Halloween costumes at one of the booths. And I saw a Temple of Doom Indy, you know with the ripped shirt and some fake blood. A bit brave, considering how cold it was!

Very brave indeed! And quite a variety of people in Indy costumes too.

That Jeannie panel certainly sounds like a blast! I liked your question! :)

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Supanova Brisbane 2011

Look, I currently attending another Supanova!

So far, very happy to report that I found 3 more YIJC comics, which means I am 3 issues from a full set. (I'd imagine Stoo would have less than that to go, but still!)

Went yesterday (Friday which is the newly named Directors Day) and today. Yesterday went to a great panel with Val Kilmer. Really entertaining guy actually, and he talked about a project that he is trying to get up about Mark Twain. It was less people so a great ooportunity to go on the hunt for stuff. Came across a few Indy gems, like the Indy crate convention exclusive. Also did the charity auction last night and bidded on a Robert Clotworthy autographed script for the pilot episode of "Ancient Aliens" only to be beaten by a science teacher. I eventually won a bid (and it was a bargain) for a Super Mario package which is little bro's chrissy pressie.

Today, was way too crowded, but did eventually manage to get my Merlin pic signed by Colin Morgan (yes, the Merlin of Adventures of Merlin my favourite TV series right now!). Missed out on the panel with Christopher Lloyd (the auditorium wasn't big enough!). But hopefully all will be well with Colin Morgan's tomorrow *fingers crossed*. Also missed out on Renee O'Conner's panel due to waiting forever in the queue for Colin Morgan's signature. There were also two Indys walking around, so hat's off to them.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Supanova Gold Coast happened, and yes, here's my report on it.

Great to finally have this at a proper convention centre instead of the showgrounds, so yay air con.

I finally saw an Indy and Marion walking around! Very exciting. Indy had a Gold Idol with him too, which was pretty cool.

I got my Avengers V Xmen issue 0 and round 1 signed by the great Brian Michael Bendis. Awesome panel too, and got to see some great Marvel exclusives, that I am not supposed to say anything about. He loved my Super Sailor Moon costume too! I also got an autograph from Richard Horvitz, you may know him better as the voice of Daggett from Angry Beavers, Othopox 13 from Destroy All Humans, Invader Zim and Alpha 5 from the original Power Rangers and the second seris of PR. Also very cool to talk to.

Also saw a new MIB 3 trailer- which I was already going to see, but am very much looking forward to now.

Didn't find a lot of Indy stuff- most stuff I already have or couldn't afford. I also found a replica Green Hornet gas gun, but it was 300, so screw that. I wound up getting some comics/manga, a Sailor Moon poster and a sonic screwdriver. Yes I'm a bit into Doctor Who atm.

Other people who were there was Wil Wheaton, Morena Baccarin, the Weasley twins and Black Belt Jones.