Superman Returns

Abe Vayoda

I love the #2 trailer. Can't wait for this one. The way Supes lands is EXACTLY how Superman lands. And the eye shot. Perfect.

Last edited:

roundshort

This is one of the few mega-blockbusters that does nothing for me. Superman has never done anything for me, to good too self-less, I do hope that it is good.

Jay R. Zay

roundshort said:
This is one of the few mega-blockbusters that does nothing for me. Superman has never done anything for me, to good too self-less, I do hope that it is good.

well, indeed superman doesn't offer much space for a darker side of the character. he isn't human, unlike batman for example, as Batman Begins was able to display brillantly. anyway, and although apart from sin city and road to perdition i don't like comic adaptions at all, i'm considering watching this movie at the cinema. the visual style seems worth watching and visual style is, along with creative ideas and veracity, one of the most important things for me about a movie. probably it's THE most important point.

*fingerscrossed*
PleaseDon'tSuckPleaseDon'tSuckPleaseDon'tSuckPleaseDon'tSuckPleaseDon'tSuckPleaseDon'tSuckPleaseDon'tSuckPleaseDon'tSuckPleaseDon'tSuckPleaseDon'tSuckPleaseDon'tSuckPleaseDon'tSuckPleaseDon'tSuckPleaseDon'tSuckPleaseDon'tSuckPleaseDon'tSuckPleaseDon'tSuckPleaseDon'tSuckPleaseDon'tSuckPleaseDon'tSuckPleaseDon'tSuck

PleaseDon'tSuck

Grizzlor

Smallville is a great show, and Warner Brothers should have waited to bring that to the features. This one? It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a dud.

Johan

Don't think Superman will ever match Batman Begins. I think the guy they got to play him looks kinds wussy. My opinion tho.
If I only got to see 1 summer blockbuster this summer it would not be Superman...either X3 or Pirates OTC DMC.

Anybody else out there looking foreward to "NACHO LIBRE" with Jack Black?
If you haven't seen the trailer check it out...I'll be going to see this one for sure! NACHO LIBRE TRAILER

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
There are 2 things about this movie some fans are sure to loathe: Lois's moppet son and Superman's 5-year absence. I've always been annoyed with Indy instalments like "Interior World," which put Indy out of commission for months. Hard to fit new and better tales into the timeline.

So is the film dedicated to Richard Pryor?

Jafo

Is it just me, or is Clark Kent a more interesting character when he isn?t "Superman?"

Will Bryan Singer ever do ?Flash Gordon??

I?m also not a fan of Superman?s Costume changes?

roundshort

I just watched some new trailers (slow day at work) with the New Superman being some of them. I hate to say it, but I don't thinkany custome chages will help this movie. The problem with Superman is they made him to good and to powerful. It looks liek the same old too much CGI, a campy Lex, and weak supporting cast. Well the good news is that POTC II is out soon!

Paden

I have to admit, I'm honestly undecided on this one. I'm a fan of the character, but there's nothing in the trailers that I've seen thus far that has really grabbed me. On the other hand, the trailers for Dead Man's Chest look quite promising. If the film lives up to the glimpses offered in the previews, it should be well worth the price of admission.

roundshort

Paden said:
I have to admit, I'm honestly undecided on this one. I'm a fan of the character, but there's nothing in the trailers that I've seen thus far that has really grabbed me. On the other hand, the trailers for Dead Man's Chest look quite promising. If the film lives up to the glimpses offered in the previews, it should be well worth the price of admission.

This has been my great white hope for the summer movies (POTCII dead mans chest) I worried that they tried too hard, with overboard cgi etc . . .I hope not after rewatching the latest trailer, It looks good, like they may pull it off. I guess they have more of Jack in front of the camera, I hope they didn't go overboard (sorry for the pun)

San Holo

Alright, this movie looks pretty damn good to me, although I do wish that they would have 'roided this kid up a little more- he is to small for the part. Also, is Lois' child supposed to be Superman's offspring?