Talk Show/ Morning Show Interviews

James

Perhilion said:
you're joking, right?

No, but Ford was.

Jay mentioned how they weren't provided with a screening, clip, or anything, and how secretive it all was. He then asked, "Is it any good?" to which Ford deadpanned, "It sucks." He then repeatedly called it "terrible" and told everyone, "Don't go. Save your money."

Everyone laughed and he then answered Jay's question seriously with, "I love it." He also said it was as good as any of the previous three they had done. (Of course, everyone will cry heresy over that last part, but at least he isn't trying to throw out the usual "It's better than the first one!" line that's so popular with filmmakers.)

I do have to say, it was such a great and surreal moment to hear Jay introduce him with, "His new film is called 'Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull". I just remember watching all those talk show appearances in the 90's, hoping that someone would ask Ford about a potential Indy sequel.

Snakes

I always like when Ford is on Leno or Conan, he's one of the best celebrity guests on those shows. On a side note, they had some Indiana Jones whip cracking on Conan tonight.

Dr.Sartorius

He was very upbeat and seemed extremely happy. Its like he's been revitalized by Indy 4. Compared to 2006 (promoting Firewall) its like he's a different person. He also looked a good 10 years younger than he did last time he was on Leno.

The lack of a clip was disappointing though.

deckard24

That was by far one of the weirdest interviews I've seen with Ford on Leno or any of the talkshows. He really did seem wired and possibly drunk? He couldn't talk, he kept forgetting what he was going to say or fumbling over his words, and he was moving all over the chair like he was a tweaker! I know he gets nervous apparently for these kind of things, but that was strange!! LOL

He looks fantastic though despite losing his mind! LOL

65???? Looks more like 55! He's really shed some years over the last bunch of months, by getting in shape for KOTCS and losing that bad Firewall/Alfalfa haircut.

northernsoul

I usually don't really like Harrison TV interviews, he's so jittery and obviously uncomfortable it makes *me* feel uncomfortable!

But he actually seems really happy in this one, and I don't think it's drunkness either! Indiana Jones is just damn good for him, physically and mentally. Bizarre but true.

Skipper

Shia is hosting SNL tonight!

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I just wanted to make sure everyone knew that Shia Lebeouf will be hosting 'Saturday Night Live' tonight. Hopefully there will be lots of Indy references!

Goodsport

During the interview with Jay Leno, Harrison Ford did a brief imitation of Gilbert Gottfried (who himself appeared earlier in the episode playing Oprah's "Pregnant Man"). :D

-G

James

deckard24 said:
He couldn't talk, he kept forgetting what he was going to say or fumbling over his words, and he was moving all over the chair like he was a tweaker! I know he gets nervous apparently for these kind of things, but that was strange!!

He's been doing that for years in tv interviews- especially over the last decade. It's like he has trouble articulating what he's trying to say, and will gesture with his hands throughout.

Agent Z

Ford is an actor, but not a celebrity. Not that the two personalities can't coexist but, in Ford's case, he is more at ease acting on the set of a film than doing the promos for it.

Michael24

It seemed like the only time Harrison spoke consistently, without stumbling through his words or jittering around in his seat, was when he was talking about the global warming PSA he had done. Though it looked like he might have been a little annoyed that people were laughing when they showed it, like they were amused by what he was doing in the ad as opposed to listening to the message or something.

But it was funny when he was talking about taking his clothes off to shower the slime off after the Nick Kids Choice Awards, and some girl hollered excitedly, and he put his hand out quickly and said "Calm down," or something like that. Haha!!

James said:
He's been doing that for years in tv interviews- especially over the last decade. It's like he has trouble articulating what he's trying to say, and will gesture with his hands throughout.

Yeah, I know people who are actually like that. To an outsider, they would appear drunk or unfocused, but I think it's just a problem some people have when they're talking about something that excites them.

Goodsport said:
During the interview with Jay Leno, Harrison Ford did a brief imitation of Gilbert Gottfried (who himself appeared earlier in the episode playing Oprah's "Pregnant Man"). :D

Yeah, that was hilarious when he did that Gottfried imitation.

Agent Z

Let's put this in perspective...

Have you guys seen Tarantino on the talk show curcuit, sober or drunk?

The man is 400 miles a minute, but very passionate about the interview.

I would rather have helter skelter, than someone just "plugging" away... (y)

deckard24

James said:
Oh I know man, I've seen pretty much all of Ford's interviews, but this one seemed extra off kilter! Ford is usually drier and more grumpy, this time he was super excited and manic!