Target Exclusive 5 packs

The Magic Rat

Unfortunately, you are correct. I was there opening day when they started selling them, bright and early at the door opening. They hadn't even opened their shipment.

So, they go to the backroom to get them. I ask if there are multiple sets, they say there are and I ask for one of each. They only hand me three. I ask if there's a Temple of Doom one, get a "no", and leave a little disappointed.

Honestly, is Temple of Doom that disliked? They couldn't even make a set? I mean, they use a battle scene for each case, why didn't they just do the rope bridge or something? That would've been sweet.

Alas, we're stuck with an odd three set.:(

Mike D

The Magic Rat said:
Unfortunately, you are correct. I was there opening day when they started selling them, bright and early at the door opening. They hadn't even opened their shipment.

So, they go to the backroom to get them. I ask if there are multiple sets, they say there are and I ask for one of each. They only hand me three. I ask if there's a Temple of Doom one, get a "no", and leave a little disappointed.

Honestly, is Temple of Doom that disliked? They couldn't even make a set? I mean, they use a battle scene for each case, why didn't they just do the rope bridge or something? That would've been sweet.

Alas, we're stuck with an odd three set.:(

You are so right. I was just watching the Temple of Doom DVD and in the commentary even Lucas and Spielberg were sort of saying that they didn't like the film- I love that damned movie! It's the best of the three (ok.. four) and the figures are beautiful! I can't imagine that they thought that kids would be more interested in buying kahki drab nazi soldiers than those cool black and red Thugee guards! I guess I just don't get it. Ah... if only I could get a Thugee Guard two pack with an alternate head!

The Magic Rat

Mike D said:
You are so right. I was just watching the Temple of Doom DVD and in the commentary even Lucas and Spielberg were sort of saying that they didn't like the film- I love that damned movie! It's the best of the three (ok.. four) and the figures are beautiful! I can't imagine that they thought that kids would be more interested in buying kahki drab nazi soldiers than those cool black and red Thugee guards! I guess I just don't get it. Ah... if only I could get a Thugee Guard two pack with an alternate head!

Haha, yeah it is a shame. Personally, I put it at the back of the pack but I still love it. I'm no hater of it, it's just my least favorite. Key word is still favorite, ya know? Still love it.

I felt the same way about the Nazi toys hahaha. It's like, get 5 different figures that look virtually identical in bland earthy tones, or get some awesome Thuggee guards with swords and bright colors. Would've been a no brainer if I was a kid.

Which set do you like most? I can't decide between the LC or the Raider's set. The Raider's one looks classy but I love the tank chase scene so I'm a bit torn. The KOTCS one is a bit too much of a cluster, ya know?

Mike D

The Magic Rat said:
Haha, yeah it is a shame. Personally, I put it at the back of the pack but I still love it. I'm no hater of it, it's just my least favorite. Key word is still favorite, ya know? Still love it.

I felt the same way about the Nazi toys hahaha. It's like, get 5 different figures that look virtually identical in bland earthy tones, or get some awesome Thuggee guards with swords and bright colors. Would've been a no brainer if I was a kid.

Which set do you like most? I can't decide between the LC or the Raider's set. The Raider's one looks classy but I love the tank chase scene so I'm a bit torn. The KOTCS one is a bit too much of a cluster, ya know?

I have to say I like the LC one the best, but probably only because it contains figures I can't get anywhere else. I have no affinity at all for the figures in the KotCS pack and, frankly I'm sick of seeing them. The Raiders set looks great, but it contains that lame-o Cairo Indy with the "'whip cracking" In-action. Anyway... I guess I like the Last Crusade pack the best. But I would like the Temple of Doom pack better! ;>

The Magic Rat

Mike D said:
I have to say I like the LC one the best, but probably only because it contains figures I can't get anywhere else. I have no affinity at all for the figures in the KotCS pack and, frankly I'm sick of seeing them. The Raiders set looks great, but it contains that lame-o Cairo Indy with the "'whip cracking" In-action. Anyway... I guess I like the Last Crusade pack the best. But I would like the Temple of Doom pack better! ;>

Haha, fair enough! That's a good point about the KotCS pack-I don't care about the figures and I've seen them all over! Didn't really realize that's what was bothering me!