Terminator Salvation

The Man

<object width="720" height="401"><param name="movie" value="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/9183"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/9183" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" allowfullscreen="true" width="720" height="401"></embed></object>​

kongisking

The Man said:
T2: SKYNET EDITION

terminator-2-sky-net-edition-hits-b.jpg

Is this also gonna be available for normal DVD, perchance? It's unfair that Blu-ray buyers get all the awesome stuff. :mad:

The Man

He'll Be Back..?

McG told SCI FI Wire at WonderCon in San Francisco on Saturday that he's still talking with Linda Hamilton about reprising the role of Sarah Connor in his upcoming Terminator Salvation and that he is also meeting with California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger next week about some possible involvement.

The governor has seen the film, McG added, and said it's a matter of the governor's speaking with his staff to see if it's appropriate. "He saw the film two days ago, and I'm scheduled to see him this week," the director said.

The Man

Terminator Sanitization: The Fighting Begins...

McG showed us a reel of early footage from the film. One of the clips included Moon Bloodgood topless in the rain.

McG made a point to mention that Warner Bros wants him to cut out the topless footage from the film.

And while McG didn?t flat out say that he wants to fight for a R-Rating, that?s how it came across to me and most everyone in the convention hall. And making a public statement is a strong message to the movie studio producing the film. McG?s vision is evidently R-Rated after all, but will the film be edited down for a more marketable (potentially more profitable) PG-13 rating?

The Man

Raiders112390 said:
And once again CHUD and AICN try to decide for us what we should be hyped for.

Well, like or loathe them (my feelings for both are mixed), those two sites in particular carry up-to-date info on productions and previews. Forget what they think, just focus on the headlines...

The Man

<object width="720" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/9244"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/9244" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" allowfullscreen="true" width="720" height="350"></embed></object>​

so wah mu

Bale Conditions...oh yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah!!!!!!!!

...Forget a harvester combination, this is gonna be awesome. I didn't know they stacked Christian Bales that high!! One for the Welsh massive.(y) (y) (y) (y)

The Man

so wah mu said:
...Forget a harvester combination, this is gonna be awesome. I didn't know they stacked Christian Bales that high!! One for the Welsh massive.(y) (y) (y) (y)

It's impossible to judge the eventual quality of a movie based on even the most impressive of trailers, yet that one is truly promising.

Salvation for McG? Quite possibly...

TheMutt92

Only thing I'm not liking from the trailer is the motorcylce and giant robot concepts, reminds me too much of Transformers. Ironically...

McG Says Terminator is More Real Than Transformers
1 March 2009 6:00 PM, PST | From WorstPreviews.com | See recent Worst Previews news

A while back, "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" director Michael Bay accused "Terminator Salvation" director McG of copying his robots. McG replied by saying that giant robots have been around before Bay. The two men then admitted that they spoke on the phone and worked everything out. Now, McG is back at it again, by telling Empire magazine that "Transformers" are nothing more than breakdancing, flips and backspins. "I think Transformers is a terrific picture, but that's a picture whose genesis is in a toy. They're sort of more colourful and optimistic and the pictures are sort of breakdancing and flips and backspins," he said. "But ours is a very different, real world. Ours is a world of, 'This is where we can be ten years from now'. The whole idea for doing this movie was to honor the first three ... But begin again!"

The Man

Mercury Man Returns..?

Terminator: Salvation director McG is planning on bringing Robert Patrick back to the franchise, should he get the go-ahead for a fifth Terminator film.

?I talk to Robert Patrick with great regularity," he said yesterday. "It's interesting ? I was [thinking of] a through line."

?I'll bounce it off of you guys: I like the idea in a prospective next picture that you meet Robert Patrick the way he looks today, and he's a scientist that's working on improving cell replication so we can stay healthier and we can cure juvenile diabetes and all these things that once again sound like good ideas -- and once again live as an idealized expression of ourselves."

kongisking

BTW, was that mushroom cloud at the end the one from Terminator 3's opening? Does this imply that Salvation takes place in the retconned universe of that movie? This would explain why Kate Brewster is in the movie...

One problem I have is that, half of what Bale is saying is near-incomprehensible because of that gutteral voice of his. Jeez, I hope they fix that, cause I don't want to sit through this film inventing my own dialogue for John Connor!

Other than these questions, Terminator Salvation looks like it will rock our socks off. DON'T LET US DOWN, MCG!!!!!!!!

The Man

The Narrator...

A source who has seen the film confirms to us that Hamilton's voice over is in the film, and that it works very well in context. Her voice over is not long, and it comes at the very beginning of the movie; the source compared it in tone and style to her voice over in T2.