The 8 Greatest Hasbro Indy Figures

Lance Quazar

lao che & sons said:
Here's my top 8:

8. Willie Scott. Hasbro didn't give her a fair treatment here. In the movie when willie scott was being sacrificed she didn't have on the neckless only the lei. Plus it's hard to put her in any other position. I would've liked to see her dress be fabric and removable to kill to birds with one stone (like mola ram).

The necklace is removable. I'd rather have options myself. I personally removed both the necklace and the lei to show off Willie's other, um, attributes, but I'm glad we have them nevertheless.

Point taken, though, about the soft goods. Ideally, a removable softgoods skirt would have been great, giving us the option to show her in sacrifice mode or "action mode" from later in the movie.

6.Henry Jones sr. Yeah, he's great but the one I got had gold paint on his beard. He also came with too many accesorries, I di remmember the scene with the luger but i would've been happier without.

All Henry figures had gold paint. An odd choice, definitely. Should have been gray or silver.

But I'm just baffled by the "complaint" about too many accessories. I think accessories ENHANCE the value and versatility of a figure.

Don't like it, just throw it away. But I like having the options....Henry, like Mola Ram, Short Round and other figures, came with a delightful group of accessories and I wouldn't change a thing.

NickTurner

lao che & sons said:
I'm more into collecting these things not playing with them (however I do take some out of packaging. I'm also kin of a display freak and I hate having a random gun just laying around. I would rather he could hotld it. I don't know, but tha'ts just how I thionk about it.:p

Well now, you know the answer to multiple accessories is to buy multiple figures:D Then you get to display each accessory with the figure correctly! (Yes, I have done this before especially with Star Wars figures!)

lao che & sons

Lance Quazar said:
The necklace is removable. I'd rather have options myself. I personally removed both the necklace and the lei to show off Willie's other, um, attributes, but I'm glad we have them nevertheless.

Point taken, though, about the soft goods. Ideally, a removable softgoods skirt would have been great, giving us the option to show her in sacrifice mode or "action mode" from later in the movie.

All Henry figures had gold paint. An odd choice, definitely. Should have been gray or silver.

But I'm just baffled by the "complaint" about too many accessories. I think accessories ENHANCE the value and versatility of a figure.

Don't like it, just throw it away. But I like having the options....Henry, like Mola Ram, Short Round and other figures, came with a delightful group of accessories and I wouldn't change a thing.

lance, anytime I see a post of yours I miss your old loa che avatar. I know you got rid of it a while back:p

and that's true about willie and I get where you're coming from, but I don't want to pull her head off to take off the necklace b/c I don't want to accidentally ruin it. But I get where you're coming from.

and on henry senior, I know I know, I guess I just should be happy we even got one. It is probably the best one for playing around with.:D

Lance Quazar

lao che & sons said:
lance, anytime I see a post of yours I miss your old loa che avatar. I know you got rid of it a while back:p

Heh. Lao Che was my first avatar. One of the best characters in the whole damn franchise! Lao Che rules!!

I changed it to the Tough Sergeant to help advertise the Tough Sergeant heads we were offering a while back.

And then I decided to show some love for the delightful comic "Indiana Jones Adventures Volume 1" which, for my money, was not only VASTLY superior to the dreadfully mediocre "Tomb of the Gods" but was better written and more entertaining than KOTCS, as well.

and that's true about willie and I get where you're coming from, but I don't want to pull her head off to take off the necklace b/c I don't want to accidentally ruin it. But I get where you're coming from.

Don't worry, it's nearly impossible to ruin. Pop off, pop on. Presto, cleavage!

and on henry senior, I know I know, I guess I just should be happy we even got one. It is probably the best one for playing around with.:D

I think Henry is an extraordinary figure, but I do have minor complaints - gold(!) beard, no ankle articulation and the suit color is too bright. But I still think the figure deserves an "A".

UIMJ

lao che & sons said:
I'm more into collecting these things not playing with them (however I do take some out of packaging. I'm also kin of a display freak and I hate having a random gun just laying around. I would rather he could hotld it. I don't know, but tha'ts just how I thionk about it.:p

I haven't "played" with toys in like 16 or 17 years myself, but I'm still down for accessories. Makes the display more encompassing. Maybe just take your extra stuff that isn't on show and do what I do with 'em: throw 'em in the ark. ;)

lao che & sons

Lance Quazar said:
Heh. Lao Che was my first avatar. One of the best characters in the whole damn franchise! Lao Che rules!!

Yeah! he was always my favorite! Look at my user name!

And then I decided to show some love for the delightful comic "Indiana Jones Adventures Volume 1" which, for my money, was not only VASTLY superior to the dreadfully mediocre "Tomb of the Gods" but was better written and more entertaining than KOTCS, as well.

yeha, I kind of liked tomb of goods up to issue #3 then it started sucking. But I did get the adventures of indy comic and enjoyed every minute of it. I can't wait for vol. 2!

Don't worry, it's nearly impossible to ruin. Pop off, pop on. Presto, cleavage!

ha! ha! I'll have to try that.

I think Henry is an extraordinary figure, but I do have minor complaints - gold(!) beard, no ankle articulation and the suit color is too bright. But I still think the figure deserves an "A".

yeah, I like the figure but now that I think of it, his suit is a little too bright and I forgot his feet aren't possible, but shorties hands are the smae way and I love short round!!:p

Dr Bones

If they could release one more I would settle for German Mechanic.

This could have been a great addition to the line.

Would have been happy with fewer Indy variant's of which the majority were average to poor and getting a few of the other charatcers instead.

I know I have said this before but I just can't get my head round why Hasbro didn't get the sculpt right for Indy and use it through the whole line instead of using various but mostly poor sculpts.

Surely this would be more cost effective than having their machines producing 9 or more different Indy heads? Then they could have produced the other characters instead?

I hate when toy makers make too many irrelevant variants of a standard character like firefighter spider-man, waterskiing batman, dentist superman etc etc. :sick:

vf wing

Although the likeness on the Willie figure is incredible, I'm seriously underwhelmed by the lack of articulation. Ditto for Mola Ram, although his "cool" factor brings him back up a couple of notches.

A truly iconic Indy with a solid Harry Ford likeness would have been my number one choice, but since it never really happened, I think the German motorcyclist may be my ultimate fave in the line. But I'm kinda counting his vehicle too. Is that cheating?

And while it might not be thought of as a figure by some, the horse they released with Indy is the best I have seen in this scale PERIOD.

For some reason, I have an extreme affinity for the Arab Disguise Indy and Irina. Elsa's figure is great too, but that headsculpt needs work!

Luke Skywalker

vf wing said:
Although the likeness on the Willie figure is incredible, I'm seriously underwhelmed by the lack of articulation. Ditto for Mola Ram, although his "cool" factor brings him back up a couple of notches.

A truly iconic Indy with a solid Harry Ford likeness would have been my number one choice, but since it never really happened, I think the German motorcyclist may be my ultimate fave in the line. But I'm kinda counting his vehicle too. Is that cheating?

And while it might not be thought of as a figure by some, the horse they released with Indy is the best I have seen in this scale PERIOD.

For some reason, I have an extreme affinity for the Arab Disguise Indy and Irina. Elsa's figure is great too, but that headsculpt needs work!

im the only one whose crystal skull indy is spot on likeness-wise?

Errex

Luke Skywalker said:
im the only one whose crystal skull indy is spot on likeness-wise?
I agree with you. I think the KotCS Indy with the jacket is the best likeness to a mature HF in the whole line, regardless of the paintjob. For me the younger head sculpts with the hat glued on look way too generic for people to rave about how accurate they think those are.

vf wing

I agree that's the best likeness Luke. The hat is just a tad oversized to make it distracting. IMO we haven't gotten a great hatted Indy likeness.

It's all about the hat;)

Lance Quazar

vf wing said:
I agree that's the best likeness Luke. The hat is just a tad oversized to make it distracting. IMO we haven't gotten a great hatted Indy likeness.

It's all about the hat;)

I dunno, I think the Deluxe Indy with Horse and the Temple Trap Indy are excellent headsculpts, though the paint apps were, as we all know, widely variable.

vf wing, good to see you back! Get cracking on more awesome images and movies!!!!!!

vf wing

I'm actually hard at work on my first Star Wars fanfilm. It'll be a full-tilt video, about a minute long or so, complete with dialogue and music!

Luke Skywalker

vf wing said:

It's all about the hat;)

Yeah, They should have made the jacket version with sculpted hat and the wharehouse version with removable hat (specially since an iconic scene in the film is when he puts his hat after being thrown out of the car)

A younger indy with removable hat should also had been made. Preferably a Last crusade indy with (black) horse

Errex said:
I agree with you. I think the KotCS Indy with the jacket is the best likeness to a mature HF in the whole line, regardless of the paintjob. For me the younger head sculpts with the hat glued on look way too generic for people to rave about how accurate they think those are.

I think the younger indy models (except TOD indy - this seems to be made from scratch) were made softening the creases on the old indy head sculpt. It seems to have the same expression and facial festures but a lot less polished.

Did they scan harrison ford's face like in the star wars figures? That would exaplin the 'spot-on-ess' of the KOTCS indy.

Lance Quazar said:
I dunno, I think the Deluxe Indy with Horse and the Temple Trap Indy are excellent headsculpts, though the paint apps were, as we all know, widely variable.

My horse indy looked more like fedora than harry :p

but when i repainted the eyes and eyebrush it looked more like indy.