The 90's Indiana Jones

IndyJr.

As much as I love Young Indiana Jones, the way I see it, after The Last Crusade, Spielberg, Lucas and Harrison really let a good opportunity slip. The 20 years between Crusade and Kingdom could have been filled with up to 6 or more Indy films starring Harrison AND Connery! They could have reintroduced Marion while she was still young... as well as maybe even Willie and Short Round! More Sallah action! More Marcus Brody!

And if that brain-dead River Phoenix wouldn't have ended his life with drugs, he could have been Young Indy... :rolleyes:

As much as I love Young Indy and SPF, a better in between Crusade and Kingdom could have been done... It's all Lucas's fault for not coming up with this... and Phoenix's fault for killing himself.

Use this thread to discuss what the 90's could have been with Indy.

Imagine this...

Indiana Jones and the .... (1992)
Starring Harrison Ford, Sean Connery, John Rhis Davies, Karen Allen, Kate Capshaw, Denhold Elliot, Jonathan Ke Quan, etc...

Would've been a good 90's for me to enter into. ;) :p ;)

LostArk

I have yet to see The Last Crusade but yes, they should have done more movies. Maybe with artifacts such as the Holy Grail but they wouldn't be able to pull that off.

Jones_Happens

LostArk said:
I have yet to see The Last Crusade but yes, they should have done more movies. Maybe with artifacts such as the Holy Grail but they wouldn't be able to pull that off.
What are you doing here...go watch TLC!!!

Kyle

I totally agree....it aggravates me...makes me sad...

But at least we have four (and hopefully more) great films to look back on!!

:hat:

Michael24

As much as I would love to have had a new Indiana Jones movie every 2-3 years like James Bond, in a way I'm glad thinks worked out like they did. With so much time between movies, it sort of makes each one feel a little more special when we finally see it. That said, maybe an additional two movies during the '90s would have been good.

Flash Dixson

IndyJr. said:
As much as I love Young Indiana Jones, the way I see it, after The Last Crusade, Spielberg, Lucas and Harrison really let a good opportunity slip. The 20 years between Crusade and Kingdom could have been filled with up to 6 or more Indy films starring Harrison AND Connery! They could have reintroduced Marion while she was still young... as well as maybe even Willie and Short Round! More Sallah action! More Marcus Brody!

And if that brain-dead River Phoenix wouldn't have ended his life with drugs, he could have been Young Indy... :rolleyes:

As much as I love Young Indy and SPF, a better in between Crusade and Kingdom could have been done... It's all Lucas's fault for not coming up with this... and Phoenix's fault for killing himself.

Use this thread to discuss what the 90's could have been with Indy.

Imagine this...

Indiana Jones and the .... (1992)
Starring Harrison Ford, Sean Connery, John Rhis Davies, Karen Allen, Kate Capshaw, Denhold Elliot, Jonathan Ke Quan, etc...

Would've been a good 90's for me to enter into. ;) :p ;)
Umm, why all the blame on lucas? it was kinda all three of em.

Flash Dixson

LostArk said:
You may return when you see all 4 indy movies, know please...leave.

EvilDevo

@ LostArk

LOL That was amazing... only because I thought you were serious at first. And the reaction from everyone... ah, priceless.

whipem

I don't get it...the Holy Grail would be a great idea for an Indy movie!

OK, I've probably taken this as far as it can go.

Nurhachi1991

LostArk said:

............................................. (n)

deckard24

Yeah, that's a bit insensitive man!

As for more films in the 90's, I agree, it was a wasted opportunity. But, if they did make more films, you can dismiss The Fugitive, Patriot Games, Clear and Present Danger, Air Force One, Schindler's List, Jurassic Park, The Lost World, and Saving Private Ryan! Of course it's possible some of these films might have been made, but a ton goes into the Indy films, and a lot of time would've been spent on them instead of those other films. If they could have squeezed 2 more films in during the 90's/early 00's, then KOTCS could've been the final film in a 6 part series!

whipem

deckard24 said:
As for more films in the 90's, I agree, it was a wasted opportunity. But, if they did make more films, you can dismiss The Fugitive, Patriot Games, Clear and Present Danger, Air Force One, Schindler's List, Jurassic Park, The Lost World, and Saving Private Ryan! Of course it's possible some of these films might have been made, but a ton goes into the Indy films, and a lot of time would've been spent on them instead of those other films. If they could have squeezed 2 more films in during the 90's/early 00's, then KOTCS could've been the final film in a 6 part series!

I guess you have a point there about the creativity that would have been lost, as much as it pains me to say it.