The Dark Knight

Zealot

Forbidden Eye said:
And having read Zealot's criticisms, while a do agree a couple of those points should be classified as nitpicks(although, awesome observation on Two Face's eye Zealot! I never thought of that before. I'll never watch that character the same way again. :hat: ) I do agree the film was rushed through in parts(just so the ADD generation wouldn't get bored :rolleyes: ) such as the boat scene. Not to mention the film asked us to suspend disbelief A LOT. I do feel like chuckling when that explosion knocks everyone out EXCEPT the Joker.

Thanks for the comments :hat:
I'm sorry that you won't look at Two-face as same as before. I actually noticed the "eye not blinking" part the first time I saw the movie in theaters and I WASN'T nitpicking back then.
I agree with you. Movie was just packed with disbelief scenes that pretty soon become boring, especially since Joker ALWAYS gets the upper hand. They just packed too much in it. I mean, if they ARE planning to make Batman 3, why pack everything in this movie?
Actually the biggest flaw of the movie IMO, is that it's too long. I mean, I was incredibly bored in the theaters. I remember being bored when looking Matrix 2 even if I loved the first one. The same happened with Batman 2. I loved Batman Begins, but Batman 2 just wrecked it for me for being too long. I remember when Batman and Joker finally meet in the middle of the street, and when they finally catch him, I (and a couple of my friends) thought that the movie is over. Can you imagine my disappointment when I found out that I had to sit through movie one hour more? And don't get me even started on the whole "last 5-minute Two-Face Vendetta".

caats

Zealot said:
Thanks for the comments :hat:
I'm sorry that you won't look at Two-face as same as before. I actually noticed the "eye not blinking" part the first time I saw the movie in theaters and I WASN'T nitpicking back then.
I agree with you. Movie was just packed with disbelief scenes that pretty soon become boring, especially since Joker ALWAYS gets the upper hand. They just packed too much in it. I mean, if they ARE planning to make Batman 3, why pack everything in this movie?
Actually the biggest flaw of the movie IMO, is that it's too long. I mean, I was incredibly bored in the theaters. I remember being bored when looking Matrix 2 even if I loved the first one. The same happened with Batman 2. I loved Batman Begins, but Batman 2 just wrecked it for me for being too long. I remember when Batman and Joker finally meet in the middle of the street, and when they finally catch him, I (and a couple of my friends) thought that the movie is over. Can you imagine my disappointment when I found out that I had to sit through movie one hour more? And don't get me even started on the whole "last 5-minute Two-Face Vendetta".

to each his own, cause the best part was still to come. the Joker got the upper hand till batman brought him down and the people proved him wrong. what's wrong with his eye not blinking?? is it cause they were trying to be all realistic or something? it's still realism from a comic book source.it's gonna be as real as the source allows. the eye blink complaint is reaaally nit picky. honestly the movie was no different than anything in a batman comic book. it sounds like when you heard realism, you tried to apply it to actual real world. think of the source.

The Man

A question...

The Joker is being guarded by the 'twenty-year man'. He says that TJ has killed six of his comrades. Fine.

The Joker then proceeds to goad the cop by telling him how knifing his buddies revealed their true natures.

What cops did The Joker kill with a knife..?

caats

i assumed it was maybe cops he killed before the movie, and ones in that big car chase. he WAS active pre-movie. remember the end of begins "double homicide, two of them cops". and the knife thing was prob just a ruse to get the cop to get close to him. Joker lies a lot during the movie. like his whole "i don't have a plan" talk was obviously lying to help persuade two face.

Niteshade007

The Man said:
A question...

The Joker is being guarded by the 'twenty-year man'. He says that TJ has killed six of his comrades. Fine.

The Joker then proceeds to goad the cop by telling him how knifing his buddies revealed their true natures.

What cops did The Joker kill with a knife..?

Maybe Harvey and Dent? I don't remember how they died, but it's possible it was with a knife.

agentsands77

caats said:
like his whole "i don't have a plan" talk was obviously lying to help persuade two face.
I'm not quite sure he was. He's clearly there to manipulate Two-Face as a pawn (as he admits to Batman), but I'm not sure how much he's lying about his own nature. The Joker clearly has plans of some sort, but I'm not really sure how much he cares about those plans, or whether those plans are just "a dog chasing cars." The Joker's running around with more than a bit of a suicidal attitude, and seems more than willing to compromise any grander plan for a given moment.

caats

i guess it's how you look at it. cause he has plans, lots of plans. he planned for all those people to end up on the ferries and stuff.

TheMutt92

caats said:
so do i not post or something

Well, considering its been a couple of hours...

Though it is a pity. Gordon was such an underused character in the Burton/Schumacher films. Which is why I think Oldman's Gordon (especially in TDK) was such a relief!

The Man

TheMutt92 said:
Well, considering its been a couple of hours...

Though it is a pity. Gordon was such an underused character in the Burton/Schumacher films. Which is why I think Oldman's Gordon (especially in TDK) was such a relief!

Gordon must be one of the few chances American audiences have to see Oldman play a fundamentally decent character. He's class...

TheMutt92

The Man said:
Gordon must be one of the few chances American audiences have to see Oldman play a fundamentally decent character. He's class...

He is. His take on Gordon is perhaps one of my most favorite elements of TDK. He's got three lines in the film that always get to me:

- "We got you now, you son of a b!tch!" (wanted to cheer after that one)
- "Actually, I saved him." (a funny turn-around for Batman)
- "I have to save Dent!" (for me really shows the emotional toll going on inside him throughout this whole situation)

And he's also a reason I think Batman 3 could really happen and work is because of Gordon. He's being forced into hunting him down, and, depending on the situation, I wouldn't mind a brief conflict between him and the vigilante known as Batman!

Niteshade007

I found that I liked Gordon a lot more in The Dark Knight then I did in Batman Begins. In Begins he came across as too naive and I found it kind of annoying. He seemed less so in The Dark Knight, although there were still traces of it.

The Man

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/39663

The Producers Guild of America (PGA) has named its five finalists for Best Moving Picture of 2008. Remember these titles:

THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON
THE DARK KNIGHT
FROST/NIXON
MILK
SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE

'Cuz you're going to be hearing these five movies rattled off again when the AMPAS announce their nominations for the 81st Academy Awards (on January 22nd). Okay, maybe DOUBT sneaks in there.

Still, the PGA noms are typically the most reliable predictor of what will make the cut for the top trophy at the Oscars. It's rare that they don't get four out of five. And while some may argue that THE DARK KNIGHT has the best chance at being the odd picture out, my instincts tell me that MILK is the one most at risk.

The Man

Writers Guild Of America: The Nominations...

ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY
Burn After Reading ? Joel & Ethan Coen
Milk ? Dustin Lance Black
Vicky Cristina Barcelona ? Woody Allen
The Visitor ? Tom McCarthy
The Wrestler ? Robert Siegel

ADAPTED SCREENPLAY
The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button ? Eric Roth
The Dark Knight ? Jonathan & Justin Nolan (y)
Doubt ? John Patrick Shanley
Frost/Nixon ? Peter Morgan
Slumdog Millionaire ? Simon Beaufoy

DOCUMENTARY SCREENPLAY
Boogie Man: The Lee Atwater Story ? Stefan Forbes and Noland Walker
Chicago 10 ? Brett Morgen
Fuel ? Johnny O?Hara
Gonzo: The Life And Work Of Dr. Hunter S. Thompson ? Alex Gibney
Waltz With Bashir ? Ari Folman

caats

nice speech by nolan. i think it's heath's performance that'll always keep repeat viewings of TDK entertaining.

The Man

caats said:
nice speech by nolan. i think it's heath's performance that'll always keep repeat viewings of TDK entertaining.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Iwsf5rL48hs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Iwsf5rL48hs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>​