The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

Le Saboteur

Series of French posters are available from MovieGoods.com! This one I think is the best...

518033.1020.A.jpg

Check out the French one's here, and the Spanish one here!

Goonie

Dr. Gonzo said:
So has anyone on this board actually seen Parnassus?

Yup, I have. I saw it about a week ago. I reall enjoyed it. It's your typical Terry Gilliam movie, with interesting visuals. So if you like Time Bandits, Brazil, The Adventures of Baron Munchausen, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, and Brothers Grimm, you should like this one.

phantom train

Just saw this film recently on DVD for the very first time. As a big fan of T. Gilliam's films from way back, I had a feeling I was going to enjoy this, and was not dissapointed. Great mixture of strange but compelling visuals, unusual story, and quirky (but good) acting, this was definitely one of his more memorable films.

One of the more bizzare visuals was that balloon with all of the talking heads in one of the first fantasy scenes - very strange, and it was hilarious that it quickly got deflated soon after it made an appearance.

I will definitely have to watch the film again at some point to fully appreciate it - there was too much going on the first time around, and I don't think I caught everything.