The Incredible Hulk

agentsands77

The Man said:
So these Avengers comprise of Iron Man, Hulk and...?
Well, the comic book team has changed over the years. But I believe the cinematic line up they're going for is Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, Thor, and (maybe) Spider-man.

The Man

agentsands77 said:
Well, the comic book team has changed over the years. But I believe the cinematic line up they're going for is Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, Thor, and (maybe) Spider-man.

Isn't the upcoming Captain America movie all set to be a period movie, happening during WWII?

RocketSledFight

The Man said:
Isn't the upcoming Captain America movie all set to be a period movie, happening during WWII?

From what I understand, the movie is planned to begin with Captain America and his origin in World War II before pushing him forward into modern day, either for the second portion of the film or for a sequel.

His shield is definitely in Iron Man, though. Not to mention references in Hulk which I won't get into for fear of spoilerage.

agentsands77

The Man said:
Sure. But that doesn't exclude his presence in the modern day world of HULK or IRON MAN, since the comic book history of Captain America has him put in suspended animation only to be revived later on.

And THE INCREDIBLE HULK actually has a deleted scene where Banner meets with Captain America. See this article.

The Man

agentsands77 said:
Sure. But that doesn't exclude his presence in the modern day world of HULK or IRON MAN, since the comic book history of Captain America has him put in suspended animation only to be revived later on.

And THE INCREDIBLE HULK actually has a deleted scene where Banner meets with Captain America. See this article.

Any idea who plays C.A. in the snipped scene?

kongisking

RocketSledFight said:
begin with Captain America and his origin in World War II before pushing him forward into modern day, either for the second portion of the film or for a sequel.

Actually, kill my last post. THIS is what it should be. Great potential for poignant character development. The culture shock and "man-out-of-time" element would give much-needed heart and soul. They covered this story element in Ultimate Avengers beautifully. If they recreate that sense of loss and confused lonelyness in Cap's big debut, I'll be happier than a drunk ladybug!!!!!!

Snakes

Although I agree with the above, I still think there should be at least one Captain America movie that takes place entirely during WW2.

Eric Solo

I liked the Hulk movie especially the ending.
As a fan of the TV show, It was good to see a glimpse of Bill Bixby and Lou Ferrigno with a speaking part. They even used a bit of the music from the TV show! GREAT!and Stan Lee's cameo was too much as usual.

RocketSledFight

A LOT of the music from the TV show, actually.

It says a lot about Ed Norton as an actor that he gave it his all in this role, which a less dedicated actor might attempt to sleep through. It was pretty clear to me that he did his homework in both research for the script as a character and by examining what made the show memorable and worthwhile.

yodazone

Alot was cut out of this movie from seeing all the trailers.

And they never explained what happened to...

(spoiler)
the Stan Lee character who drank soda drink with the Hulk blood in it....

:confused:

Now I really want to see the 3 hour cut of this movie...

sandiegojones

Just saw this. Thought it was really good! It was like an episode of the old show on steroids. I liked all of the little cameos, but I'm getting tired of seeing Stan Lee in everything (I know he's got a contract). It ruins the drama except for his one in Iron Man. That was his best cameo so far. I liked the drama and the first two action scenes best. The end was a little too much "Hulk Smash!" but I still enjoyed it a lot!

The box office wasn't outstanding even if it was #1. It did about $56 million compared to Iron Man's $98 million opening. I hope it does well enough in week #2 and overseas to warrant a sequel. The Avengers should be awesome, not just for the characters but the actors. Norton, Downey Jr., possibly Leo DiCaprio or Brad Pitt based on the Captain America and Thor rumors. Could be a few good summers at the movies! (y)

RocketSledFight

My mom, a huge fan of the TV show, noticed a really clever inside reference in the film that I haven't seen talked about elsewhere.

Remember Jack McGee, the reporter who hounded Banner throughout the series and was kind of his main adversary?

She noticed that the student who videotaped the incident on the campus and reported it to the news stations was said by the newscaster to be named McGee, and has a position on the college journalism staff.

I thought that was excellent.

deckard24

I gotta say I was disappointed in this film! I still prefer Ang Lee's film, even though there are moments of TIH that are great. The whole opening 20 minutes or so were awesome, but after that it all went downhill to me. Edward Norton was good, but Eric Bana in my opinion expressed the inner rage of Banner turning into the Hulk better. Liv Tyler was good, but she's no Jennifer Connelly! The CGI in both films was so-so, but I'd actually give the edge to Lee's Hulk. The story itself was like a bit of a repeat of the last film as well.

The Man

deckard24 said:
I gotta say I was disappointed in this film! I still prefer Ang Lee's film, even though there are moments of TIH that are great. The whole opening 20 minutes or so were awesome, but after that it all went downhill to me. Edward Norton was good, but Eric Bana in my opinion expressed the inner rage of Banner turning into the Hulk better. Liv Tyler was good, but she's no Jennifer Connelly! The CGI in both films was so-so, but I'd actually give the edge to Lee's Hulk. The story itself was like a bit of a repeat of the last film as well.

As far the the CG goes, I agree. Lee's Hulk occasionally looked a little more plausible.

Agent Z

I watched Lee's Hulk on my HD-DVD player a couple of nights ago and the Hulk looked a lot better there.

I can't wait to see the full restored version of the 2008 film when it hits dvd/Blu-Ray though. (y)

Shortie

sandiegojones said:
The box office wasn't outstanding even if it was #1. It did about $56 million compared to Iron Man's $98 million opening. I hope it does well enough in week #2 and overseas to warrant a sequel. The Avengers should be awesome, not just for the characters but the actors. Norton, Downey Jr., possibly Leo DiCaprio or Brad Pitt based on the Captain America and Thor rumors. Could be a few good summers at the movies! (y)

I hope Matt Damon is Caps, I think Pitt would be a better Thor.

I think the Hulk will do way better now that everyone knows it doesn't suck. People were scared because of the crappy Lee version.

Lou Ferrigno did the voice of Hulk in this movie. Though I haven't seen it yet. :(