The Indiana Jones Card Set Thread

UIMJ

I'm not a super active card collector, but as with most things in this wide spread hobby it comes and goes in spurts. I'm always building sets, but most of the time only when it's convenient or I stumble across stuff. Of course I got into the Indy stuff a bit as well...

Indiana Jones
It was a neat to find that there were several Indy card sets to chase down. I've got all of the sets that I know to exist, and I've been looking for Sketch cards on and off for a while now. I've amassed a pretty decent collection of these and they are a lot of fun.

Indy Sets from the 80's to now. The slabbed cards are official Topp Blank Backs - there's one of each in existence.
IndyCardSets.jpg

Some Indy Sketch Cards - these are a ton of fun!
IndySketch1.jpg

IndySketch2.jpg

IndySketch3.jpg

Chip in with your own card sets and let's enjoy the things we have during this crap economy rather than think about the things we want!

Goonie

I've got some cards from the original Raiders set lurking around somewhere. As far as other collectible cards go, the only ones I have a full set of are Jurassic Park and Dick Tracy. I want to eventually get the full set of The Goonies and The Rocketeer.

phantom train

Great thread. I'm still looking for a set of the IJ "Heritage" cards that came out about a year ago (Winter 2008). These are the cards that have pictures from the first three IJ films (ROTLA, TOD, and LC) and are an homage to the IJ cards from the '80's. At the time these came out, I tried to find these at comic stores but none of them had the cards. I don't like shopping online, so it's unlikely I'll be able to find these anywhere. But, they did look cool.

There are new IJ cards out now at places like "Target", but these are purely artwork cards, which may be cool to some but don't hold that much interest for me.

UIMJ

phantom train said:
Great thread. I'm still looking for a set of the IJ "Heritage" cards that came out about a year ago (Winter 2008).

I'll pm you about this... I think I can help out. :)

indyclone25

if you need cards i have some extras on the heritage set also--- some other cards i have are the back to the future2 set and superman 2 set (which might be missing a few )

phantom train

UIMJ said:
I'll pm you about this... I think I can help out. :)

Hey - I got your PM message and tried to respond, but your mailbox was full.

Anyway, Thanks very much for the offer, but I'm really only interested in the "Heritage" cards if I can find them in a store somewhere. But, Thanks anyway for the offer and for taking the time to send the PM.

UIMJ

phantom train said:
Anyway, Thanks very much for the offer, but I'm really only interested in the "Heritage" cards if I can find them in a store somewhere.

Cool... why store only, by the way? :)
Just curious...

phantom train

UIMJ said:
Cool... why store only, by the way? :)
Just curious...

No problem - I don't find the mail 100% reliable (IMHO), but with a store, if I see something there for sale I can just go in and get it without waiting.

That being said, I know that mail-order is preferable to some people, and I completely understand that. For one thing, you have access to many more items than you would find in most stores (probably).

UIMJ

:cool:
Cool, man. If you change your mind, let me know. Moving on, I know that with all of the die hard Indy fans here there have to be some more people with card collections, sketch cards or unique card related stuff.

Twnsman how about you? You must have a ton of cards I'd imagine!

xxIndyxVogelxx

UIMJ said:
I'm not a super active card collector, but as with most things in this wide spread hobby it comes and goes in spurts. I'm always building sets, but most of the time only when it's convenient or I stumble across stuff. Of course I got into the Indy stuff a bit as well...

Indiana Jones
It was a neat to find that there were several Indy card sets to chase down. I've got all of the sets that I know to exist, and I've been looking for Sketch cards on and off for a while now. I've amassed a pretty decent collection of these and they are a lot of fun.

Indy Sets from the 80's to now. The slabbed cards are official Topp Blank Backs - there's one of each in existence.
IndyCardSets.jpg

Some Indy Sketch Cards - these are a ton of fun!
IndySketch1.jpg

IndySketch2.jpg

IndySketch3.jpg

Chip in with your own card sets and let's enjoy the things we have during this crap economy rather than think about the things we want!

Nice cards.(y) Where exactly do you get those?

UIMJ

Thanks, man! I tend to aggregate most of my collections from a variety of sources slowly over time. It saves money because of the slow pacing (find the deals) and also spreads it out when it's spent. :gun:

xxIndyxVogelxx

Do you have, like, every card in your collection? There's so many cards in that picture, I wouldn't be surprised. :D
The only Indiana Jones cards that I have are the Top Trumps or whatever they're called. Heck, they're not even mine. They're my younger brother's...:p

UIMJ

xxIndyxVogelxx said:
Do you have, like, every card in your collection? There's so many cards in that picture, I wouldn't be surprised. :D
The only Indiana Jones cards that I have are the Top Trumps or whatever they're called. Heck, they're not even mine. They're my younger brother's...:p

LOL! Actually, now that you mention it, I don't have any of the Topps Trumps cards...

Those were like a game or something, right?

Cards are a fun collection because you can store them so discreetly.

UIMJ

So how is everyone doing on their card collections? I know that the forums have slowed down a bit with much of the Indy hype over with, but that leaves many of us long term collectors still active and looking for merchandise.

My sketch card collection is up to a little over 200 cards at this point, and I've only added a few autos as they are affordable. I keep hoping to stir the discussion about cards a bit here because I tell you now - now is the time to buy.

I'll make mention of it in the eBay thread as well, but the triple auto card is on the bay right now with an asking price of 12k! Unless I'm an extreme lottery winner, I won't be adding that one to my collection any time soon, I'm sure. :gun:

James

I'm not really a collector, but I did end up getting all of the KOTCS set. I just thought they were very nice- particularly the rare glimpses they offered into the production art. They did have a few story errors, but I'm guessing that was probably due to the high level of secrecy that surrounded the film.

At any rate, I believe this was the first set I had collected since E.T.!

UIMJ

James said:
I'm not really a collector, but I did end up getting all of the KOTCS set. I just thought they were very nice- particularly the rare glimpses they offered into the production art. They did have a few story errors, but I'm guessing that was probably due to the high level of secrecy that surrounded the film.

At any rate, I believe this was the first set I had collected since E.T.!

Wow! What a way to come back into the card fold... lol! Did you land any auto or sketch cards?

James

UIMJ said:
Did you land any auto or sketch cards?

I somehow managed to defy the odds and failed to collect a single one. :D

It's okay though, since I was really just interested in the concept art and photos. (Many of which were not even included in the KOTCS Photographic Journal book.)

UIMJ

Wow... I know that there are other die hard Indy collectors here that are into the IP more than I am. I'd swear that I'm the only one really putting together a sketch and auto card collection. You'd figure that more people here would be into those - especially the sketch cards which are all unique and sometimes limited to only 100 or less cards per artist!

Last edited:

UIMJ

Pulled this guy today from a box I broke open for kicks. It was all I pulled, but many what a pull. It's a nicer full color sketch card than any I've bought off the bay as a single... couldn't believe it!

IndyHeritageSketchPackPull.jpg

Anyone know who drew this and what the card count for that artist was, so I can put a label on it?

Kyle_Babbitt

UIMJ said:
Pulled this guy today from a box I broke open for kicks. It was all I pulled, but many what a pull. It's a nicer full color sketch card than any I've bought off the bay as a single... couldn't believe it!

IndyHeritageSketchPackPull.jpg

Anyone know who drew this and what the card count for that artist was, so I can put a label on it?

Jason Portratz and Jack Hai. i may be spelling Jack's last name wrong.