The Indy Cast

Well, I should continue with the easy/hard two part questions, I can't speak for the rest but time is always running against me!

Next Episode is Young Indy so stay tuned...

ronthereviewer

Actually the I think tim Burton and Johnny depp are a great team the new alice and wonderland looks good agree superman 3 and 4 stunk out the joint but superman returns was a major disapointment I expected better from Brian Singer I stand by Burton's casting of Nic Cage rather than getting a Chris Reeve look a like and piggy back onto all Superman 2's story line he should at least brought back General Zod

DocWhiskey

Don't want to turn this into a Superman thread, but I love Superman, and after doing a lot of research on Burton's film over the years, I believe his film would've been something fantastic. But you never know (the only thing I didn't like was the casting of Nic Cage). Singer's Superman Returns was awful IMO. He should've finished the X-men trilogy.

DocWhiskey said:
Don't want to turn this into a Superman thread...

Too late, I blame you!;)

I think Singer did more things right than wrong. Can't stand Parker Posey (in this), Lois was too young, (beautiful girl, just too young), Spacey stunk, Superman Jr and the long Emo cuts and music...other then these points and The Invisible Hand/Carbon Jackboot cameo I liked it a lot.(y)

cage-as-superman.png

633592315347023193.jpg

indycast

Rocket Surgeon said:
Too late, I blame you!;)

I think Singer did more things right than wrong. Can't stand Parker Posey (in this), Lois was too young, (beautiful girl, just too young), Spacey stunk, Superman Jr and the long Emo cuts and music...other then these points and The Invisible Hand/Carbon Jackboot cameo I liked it a lot.(y)

cage-as-superman.png

633592315347023193.jpg

I loved Superman Returns and the ties to Superman the Movie - Addis Ababa, Glen Ford, Marlon Brando etc and thought Brandon Routh was perfect (and I liked Spacey too).

As for Nic Cage, do you get the feeling that Tim Burton really wanted to play Supes himself - it looks just like Tim Burton...or Tiny Tim dressing as Superman on Halloween....

Montana Smith

It is too late, Doc. We'll have to increase your Kryptonite dosage!

There's a lot of Superman love here. Wish I could join in but I just never dug the character. Batman was meaner, but I always felt sorry for him when they had Batman team up with Superman. Bats had the brains, but Supes could whip his butt with his little finger. :eek:

Montana Smith

drwynn said:
Ever read "The Dark Knight Returns"?

I loved that story - I have it in one of those Titan single volumes. Batman needed some serious gadgets, and as Superman mocked him: "Bruce...this is...idiotic. You're just bone and meat...like all the rest." And as if to prove the point Bruce has a heart attack, appears to get buried, but in reality goes and hides in order to rebuild and plan for the future.

That's why I prefer Batman - he's full of human fallibilities, relying on wits rather than superhuman powers - just like my other favourite character: Indiana Jones. :)

ronthereviewer

That is a great photo of Nic Cage as superman very funny ok we better get back to Indy talk I was just hoping for something fresher when I went to see it the only thing missing was Ned Beatty coming back as Otis ha ha
ha they did leave him at prison in superman 2 he had to be up for parole

ronthereviewer

Can someone out there help me getting avatar next to my name, I downloaded a photo from the internet and went to edit my profile and tried to put it there but it is not working, any help would be great:confused:

indycast

ronthereviewer said:
Can someone out there help me getting avatar next to my name, I downloaded a photo from the internet and went to edit my profile and tried to put it there but it is not working, any help would be great:confused:

Hey Ron, you need 100 posts before you get an avatar, so keep on posting!

And trying to keep this on Indy, just a reminder that the IndyCast will be taking a one week break but all the usual gang will be back on February 22! (y)

DoomTown

ronthereviewer said:

Your also only allowed to choose from the avatars available, not "outside" photos...Didn't you read the forum rules??? :p

ronthereviewer

KVoss said:
Your also only allowed to choose from the avatars available, not "outside" photos...Didn't you read the forum rules??? :p

No it seems I did not, that is why you are out there Keith to put us in the right direction:gun:

ronthereviewer

Indy movies on the Itouch/Iphone

Does anyone out there have any influence to George Lucas, they have Indy Jones and the Kngdom of the cry. skull on the I -store for about $10 bucks. They do not have any of the other 3 as of yet, which would be great.

Also there is a take off of Indy on the application store called Doom Raiders for $7.99....it is a parody with Nazis and evil pharaohs, rated pg

DoomTown

ronthereviewer said:
No it seems I did not, that is why you are out there Keith to put us in the right direction:gun:

I can even connect "Superman Returns" to "Indiana Jones and the KotCS" in one sankara stone. Guy Hendrix Dyas was the production designer for both movies...:dead:

indycast

Hi guys,

IndyCast Episode 97
is in the can - but we can't upload it yet as there have been some changes to libsyn where our shows are stored (seems someone forgot to tell us at the IndyCast!).

The upshot is I have got the ForceCast guys looking into and hopefully we'll get the show uploaded in the next day or two...and here we are finally getting the show ready early!

indycast

IndyCast Episode 97 is finally here!

In this episode Harrison proves yet again what a true hero he is, we discover a new Indy offering that will be hanging on Christmas trees this year, one of our regulars gets published, review Sideshow's Crystal Skull Indy plus lot's more! So sit back and relax as we take a look at what's making news in the world of Indiana Jones this week!

Check out the episode here!

Sharkey

For an entire generation people have experienced John Williams the only way it's been possible: THX digital surround...

But if you've only heard him this way, you haven't heard him at all!

Now the Classical Master returns in a way not heard since the demise of AM Radio.

With newly reduced ambience and fidelity. This episode The Indy Cast and TheForce.net invite you to welcome back:static, mono and music recorded speaker to speaker, frustration...

Finally Classical Music the way it was meant to be experienced, as John Williams Greatest Hits returns.

For a whole new generation who have yet to experience it on a single speaker with sketchy reception.

Hear it again for the first time!