The New Caption Contest I

tall square

At Finn's suggestion, I thought I would try to revive the old caption contest games. For anyone who doesn't know it works: I post an image, and you try to come up with the best/funniest caption that could be a quote, explanation, etc. (just like in a newspaper). After it seems like voting has died down, I will select the top three entries, and the winner creates the next caption contest thread with a new picture. Here you go:

3.jpg

In case this doesn't show up for you, here's the link:
http://www.lucasarts.com/products/indiana/images/screens_pc/3.jpg

Alright, get to it. These had better be funny.

tall square

And intergamer's right: to avoid repeating the same pics over and over, in the future you can choose any Indy-type image (movie still etc.), or maybe just any kind of funny picture so we don't sick of the same material. Like Monty Python jokes.

Johan

An original scene from the cut movie "Indiana Jones and Monty Python In The Search for the Holy Grail"

Finn

Staff member
[Insert random Monty Python quote here.]

<small>Yes, that was my caption.</small>

tall square

I think I'll end this tomorrow afternoon. Maybe with different types of captions, located on the OT table, this might do better.

tall square

Oh boy...

You know that scene in Monthy Python and the Holy Grail where all the knights go to that bridge and some of them get shot off to their deaths?

If you entered a caption with a Monty Python theme, imagine this happening to you. You are all disqualified, on the basis of outrightly unashamed and ridiculous unoriginality. :sick: :sick: :sick:

For the other 4 or so... here are the winners:

3rd Place: IAdventurer01
"More proof that Indy-fans go to pieces when they see him."

2nd Place: Tennesee R
"And in this sort of fight, there's no silver medal for finishing second. Other than a posthumous one."

1st Place: Raffey
"B****, where's my money?!?"

Congratulations. Try relocating this to the off topic table, and use any kind of entertaining picture that you feel like.

intergamer

tall square said:
You know that scene in Monthy Python and the Holy Grail where all the knights go to that bridge and some of them get shot off to their deaths?

If you entered a caption with a Monty Python theme, imagine this happening to you. You are all disqualified, on the basis of outrightly unashamed and ridiculous unoriginality. :sick: :sick: :sick:

For the other 4 or so... here are the winners:

3rd Place: IAdventurer01
"More proof that Indy-fans go to pieces when they see him."

2nd Place: Tennesee R
"And in this sort of fight, there's no silver medal for finishing second. Other than a posthumous one."

1st Place: Raffey
"B****, where's my money?!?"

Congratulations. Try relocating this to the off topic table, and use any kind of entertaining picture that you feel like.

TS, I already experimented with this for a while and then killed it. I recommend leaving it in the Video Games Table (even though that doesn't seem to make sense). And use any Indy-related picture. Doesn't have to be from the Indiana Jones movies/games, but should have some tie-in. A picture of yourself in Indy-gear might make a funny caption.

Tennessee R

Wow, I believe this is the higest place I've ever gotten in a caption contest. ;)
Thank you, tall square.

Congratulations Rafferty.

Magda

Tennessee R said:
Wow, I believe this is the higest place I've ever gotten in a caption contest. ;)
Thank you, tall square.

Congratulations Rafferty.

Yeah, congrats, Rafferty. *Snicker.* :p

tall square

TS, I already experimented with this for a while and then killed it. I recommend leaving it in the Video Games Table (even though that doesn't seem to make sense). And use any Indy-related picture. Doesn't have to be from the Indiana Jones movies/games, but should have some tie-in. A picture of yourself in Indy-gear might make a funny caption.

Alright, well it up's to Raffey now. Hopefully there will be some more interest.

Tennessee R

Sorry Raffey. Everytime I see your name, I see it as Rafferty. ;)
I don't know why. It's just something wierd. I didn't mean it, although it obviously got some attention. :)

I hope he doesn't show back up. I won't have a chance at his contest after making a mistake about his username. Wait! He is a he, isn't he? That would be an even bigger mistake. ;)

Lets try this again,
Conglomerations Raffey! ;)