The Sega Genesis Appreciation thread

jamesdude

A thread Dedicated to perhaps Sega's only success. The Beloved Sega Genesis. Share your memories here......

as you could see in the "ugly mugs of raveners" thread i currently still own a fully functional Sega Genesis, here are the games i own so far:

The immortal
Sonic 1
Sonic 2 (2 copies)
Sonic 3
Sonic and Knuckles
Sonic Spinball
Sega 6 Pack
Street Fighter 2 CE
Mortal Kombat
Mortal Kombat 3
Pirates Gold
Desert Demoltion
Tiny Toons Acme All Stars
T2 Arcade Game
NFL 96
Rocket Knight Adventures
WWF Royal Rumble
Decap Attack
Eternal Champions
X-Men
Batman and Robin

my collection will grow even more this year. ive already found a store that sells these games.

Grizzlor

Check out SEGA-16, www.sega-16.com, best Genesis site around. The SNES was a better system, and most of the games that were released on both, are better on SNES (better graphical features and sound). But the Genesis was a great system, and you can collect games pretty cheap now.

metalinvader

Don't forget the two Indy games Last Crusade and Instruments of Chaos staring Young Indiana Jones.Both games are pretty bad with the Young Indy game being the better of the two but being an Indy fan you've to have them.;)

metalinvader

Moonwalker is a fantastic game that gets over shadowed due to Jacko's...errr....activites.

Besides...Where else can you find a game that lets you fight Zombies while listening to Smooth Criminal?

Even though I was more of a SNES fan growing up,I did own a SEGA too.Two of my favorites were Gun Star Heros and Castlevania Bloodlines.

Castlevania Bloodlines is pure greatness.

Last edited:

The Magic Rat

Nurhachi1991 said:
I take it you have never played it than.............. NO one can resist Mecha Jackson.

Oh, I've played it. Playing it now is just too creepy, though. I knew one kid who had this and played it religiously. Well, that and one of the 7-UP dots games and Aladdin.

Morning Bell

I never had one but some of my friends did. Battle Toads still stands out as one of the toughest and most memorable games for me.

adventure_al

Sega Megadrive in Britain.

Also the mastersystem and gamegear had some degree of success. Sega always seemed to badly time their releases. They were way ahead of their time with most of their developments.

Anyway I have a fully functional Megadrive (genesis) and even the arcade joystick.

I also have over 140 games!

Oh by the way Golden Axe and Streets of Rage were the best games.

Agent Crab

Heh.. That's funny.

I wish I owned a Sega Master console. I still have my Sega Gen from 1991. It still works also.

The Drifter

I owned a Genesis back in the day. I bought the system used from Funcoland (anyone remember that company?) Man, I played so many great games for it!
The Sonic games, Bubsy, Desert and Jungle Strike!

My Genesis died on me a few years back. It got to the point that if I was playing and someone walked through the house; the vibrations of them walking would cause the consol to freeze.
I bought Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection last week and love it!

jamesdude

Sometimes i wish the Genesis was still alive today, think of the possibilites:

GTA4Genesis.jpg