The Shia LeBeouf Drool Thread!

Nurhachi1991

Out of curiosity, has anyone seen Shia’s films other than the popcorn movies?

‘The Peanut Butter Falcon’

‘Honey Boy’

‘The Tax Collector’

‘Pieces of a Woman’

If he wasn’t a controversial figure, bro would have an Oscar.

The Lone Raider

Not necessarily. There are plenty of great actors who don't receive an Oscar. Truthfully, I think award shows are stupid anyways and don't have any real merit in terms of measuring someone's actual acting chops.

In Shia's case, I would say that he's a pretty great actor when he wants to be (and these days I think he does, pretty much exclusively, given how much he bashes on all the "plot-oriented" movies he did early on in his career - probably in reference to Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, the Transformers movies, Disturbia, Eagle Eye, etc.). It really is, just as @Nurhachi1991 said, a matter of him having gone off the deep end and becoming endlessly controversial since those early films that has caused him to be overlooked by most. He has some legitimate talent and skill. Unfortunately, he has no impulse control in real life and he frequently shoots himself in the foot. He'd receive more accolades if he just quit acting like such a moron. And this far into his career, it's about high time he took his own advice to "just do it," too, so that he can preserve whatever he still has left.
Starting with snatching that fedora back from Kanye West. I don't know why it bothers me so much that Kanye West has it, but it does. Probably because it's Kanye West and he rubs me the wrong way.
Kind of reminds me of the rapper Azealia Banks, actually - she's very good at rapping (lyrical content aside, but then again, what rap actually has good lyrical content?), but she doesn't know when to shut her mouth and act like an adult, and in consequence, her career has been permanently stifled because of her unlikability.
At least she's a better rapper than Kanye West.

Pale Horse

Staff member
There are plenty of great actors who don't receive an Oscar.
Usually, they are nominated.
Unfortunately, he has no impulse control in real life and he frequently shoots himself in the foot. He'd receive more accolades if he just quit acting like such a moron. And this far into his career, it's about high time he took his own advice to "just do it," too, so that he can preserve whatever he still has left.
Agreed. His wiki, though reads like teen gossip or a rap sheet. Our starry eyed starlet, though, said it best. Performance Art.

Nurhachi1991

I personally want to see Yeezy tell Shia,

“Ay yo, you lost today kid, but don’t mean you gotta like like it.” And put the fabled Indy fedora back on Shia.

All jokes aside, I’m not being sarcastic. I genuinely think Shia is one of the best actors of our time (maybe not the best, I got carried away) but he’s up there, if he really wanted to he could be up there with Joaquin Phoenix one day.

What I like best about Shia is no matter what film he is in, you always feel like you know him personally. Like he’s a cousin or a friend or someone you’ve known your whole life. That’s a very hard task to accomplish on film.

I also like how the dude puts 💯 into every role he does, dude did a table reading of fast times at ridgemont high during COVID, playing Jeff Spicoli and he put so much intensity into it and made it his own character with no script I might as, while all the other phony celebrities and late night hosts were simply reading lines off a page.