Did you know that the snake moves?

• Yes

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • No

Votes: 33 47.1%

• Total voters

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Yes, it does. How else did you guys think that Indy and co were in the temple? The snake is like a spy scope or something.

No Ticket

I'm gonna go watch it in a bit (been planning on it anyway) and I'll get back to you a.s.a.p. with my findings. Hahaha, statue moves all on it's own. Suuuuure!

oki9Sedo

I'll have to check that out. If it moves it probably just a goof, rather than a 1935 security camera as Violet Indy suggests!

nitzsche

Yes it moves ever so slightly. I always thought it meant Indy didn't realize the snake was real, but that it was. It clearly moves.

QBComics

I rewatched TOD and you are right. Do you think it is supposed to move..? Like an alarm or something?

Billy Ray

QBComics said:
I rewatched TOD and you are right. Do you think it is supposed to move..? Like an alarm or something?

That was kind of what I thought when I first noticed it...it seemd vaguely reminiscent of the scene in ROTLA when Indy turns away from the pedestal the idol was on and then it slowly sinks. Almost immediately after the snake appears to turn, Mola Ram and friends show up...coincidence?

Canyon

You know, I only noticed this when I got the DVD's and thought it was something that they had added, but I went back to my VHS copy and sure enough, it was there too.

I love it when Indy sees the snake and readjusts his hat. Pretty cool. :D

Blackadder

Yes noticed that before , i remember looking directly at snake and it seemed that it moved , thought that something was wrong with tape or somethin :D

ReggieSnake

I do remember having noticed that (thought it was just the camera pan\angle), I'll have to re-watch it. I'll bet it does have something to do with the deleted scene: maybe it moves slightly due to some extraordinary power and Indy goes to touch it just to make sure it's not real, which it's not. That would be spookier than having it be alive.

WhipItGood

I didn't notice this either, will have to check it out. Maybe it's akin to another cut scene when the eyes of the golden idol in RAIDERS were supposed to move (as seen in the making-of shots when a tech fiddles with the mechanism inside the idol)?