The weird days during and after WWII

Raiders90

It seems like during WWII and the years right after there were so many strange sightings of things--From the supposed German UFOs during the war, to the Foo Fighters or strange green lights which seemed to follow planes, to the ''Battle of Los Angeles'' during the War, to many RAF pilots swearing they saw ''Gremlins'' or strange creatures trying to manipulate their planes, and finally to Roswell in '47-It's just very strange that all of these bizarre sightings happened all around the same time.

I don't know if anyone believes in the supernatural--Like outside of religious supernatural--but if even some of these stories were true, what do you think attracted all of these strange beings and things to Earth during that time?

Montana Smith

Raiders112390 said:
It seems like during WWII and the years right after there were so many strange sightings of things--From the supposed German UFOs during the war, to the Foo Fighters or strange green lights which seemed to follow planes, to the ''Battle of Los Angeles'' during the War, to many RAF pilots swearing they saw ''Gremlins'' or strange creatures trying to manipulate their planes, and finally to Roswell in '47-It's just very strange that all of these bizarre sightings happened all around the same time.

I don't know if anyone believes in the supernatural--Like outside of religious supernatural--but if even some of these stories were true, what do you think attracted all of these strange beings and things to Earth during that time?

They are certainly interesting stories, and I've read a lot about them from various sources. However, it's very hard trying to confirm the sources. Many of the stories are repeated by 'experts' who have themselves since been debunked.

There are also all the stories associated with Doenitz's U-Boat fleet in the south Atlantic, and Admiral Byrd's Operation Highjump in the Antarctic after the war.

One of the myth-creators was Zundel (he went by different aliases - such as Friedrich Mattern?), who was found to be inventing German UFO stories in order to get airtime on TV and radio so that he could turn the conversation onto his revisionist views.

Some of the RAF sightings might have been German jet fighters.

Contrary to popular belief Hitler wasn't really promoting new technology, much to the disdain of his scientists who were limited in areas where they felt they could really come up the goods to win the war.

Joosse

Well, here's my 2 cents worth, boring as it may be. :sleep:

That time was the first time that the world was really confronted with mass media. Somebody would claim to have seen/heard something and it would be published around the world. (y)

But unlike today when communications have become so advanced that everything can be checked, it was almost impossible to verify the stories that came out around that time. (n)

So nothing more unusual went on during that period if you ask me. Just more media coverage. ;)

Montana Smith

Joosse said:
Well, here's my 2 cents worth, boring as it may be. :sleep:

That time was the first time that the world was really confronted with mass media. Somebody would claim to have seen/heard something and it would be published around the world. (y)

But unlike today when communications have become so advanced that everything can be checked, it was almost impossible to verify the stories that came out around that time. (n)

So nothing more unusual went on during that period if you ask me. Just more media coverage. ;)

Nice point.

And at that time all sides were assailed by propaganda, so determining truth would have been difficult.