They did it for star wars...

Would you go to see a re-release of all 3 Indy films before the indy 4 release?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

1981arkfan

Just a thought which in turn might be a good thing if mr spielberg would do it of course .in 1997 as everyone knows all the Star Wars films were re-released for the trilogy special edition every 2 -3 weeks for the original three.It would be great to see all the indy films every two weeks like they did for star wars right before the new indy is released.:whip:.cleaned up,all digital sound,I just think it would great to see them on the big screen one more time:gun: .

Last edited:

torao

Moderator Emeritus
in my opinion it's their duty to do a rerelease.
i'm already angry at german theater owners, special summer screening organizers and all people who reign over the theater programs for not showing any of the indy films (and many other older films, for that matter). it's such a shame...irresponsible..... even the museum of film in frankfurt should get some copies and screen them as part of their program. instead they pretend as if showing those flicks didn't have any cultural significance. such fools. in addition to that it would be an opportunity to get some folks there who would otherwise never visit any of their screenings. aahh...I hate those stupid blind arrogant elitist douchebags....
sorry for this little rant. it's personal, you know.
--..hell, yes, I was born in 86, and finally I want to see those films shown the way god (=spielberg) created them...screened on the big silver screen. *sigh*

deckard24

A rerelease is an absolute must! Why haven't we gotten one already is what I want to know? I don't even care so much about them being cleaned up and enhanced, just to see them on the big screen as many times as I can in the time they are out, will make me a happy guy(y) It would def. thrust Indy back into the public conscious, and whet everyone's appetites for I4!

1981arkfan

not to tease you..

torao said:
i'm already angry at german theater owners, special summer screening organizers and all people who reign over the theater programs for not showing any of the indy films (and many other older films, for that matter). it's such a shame...irresponsible..... even the museum of film in frankfurt should get some copies and screen them as part of their program. instead they pretend as if showing those flicks didn't have any cultural significance. such fools. in addition to that it would be an opportunity to get some folks there who would otherwise never visit any of their screenings. aahh...I hate those stupid blind arrogant elitist douchebags....
--..hell, yes, I was born in 86, and finally I want to see those films shown the way god (=spielberg) created them...screened on the big silver screen. *sigh*
Not to tease you but it was great to see those on the silver screen..especially Raiders.It was great and i miss them now more than ever,I mean t.v. just does not cut it no matter what size you have:whip: .

Katarn07

There's screenings at select theaters all the time. You just have to be lucky enough for it to be near you. They had the whole trilogy last summer here in Chicago. I would have seen all of them, but due to prior commitments I had made for my summer job, I couldn't even see any of them.

I'd love them rereleased. The hype would also bolster well for Indy 4 at the box office.

1981arkfan

i wish...

Katarn07 said:
There's screenings at select theaters all the time. You just have to be lucky enough for it to be near you. They had the whole trilogy last summer here in Chicago. I would have seen all of them, but due to prior commitments I had made for my summer job, I couldn't even see any of them.

I'd love them rereleased. The hype would also bolster well for Indy 4 at the box office.
I wish i lived in or near chicago when they were out..:( i would have went as much as i can.Just like jumping back on line at great adventure for your favorite roller coaster ride..lol(y)

Grant Lutjens

hmmm. Rereleased as in edit ,and redo the Movie?
If so i personally dont want to see that happen.
I actually disliked the changes made from the Starwars in thier newest reincarnations.
Nothing WRONG with it... But i want to see the ORIGINOL version of it.
(Sortof off-topic but it is a example).
In The first version of SW Episode 4. Hans Just blasts Greedo in the Cantina. In the newest version they added Greedo firing a blaster bolt ,and still missing Han.
Also in 4. They changed the scene where the X-wings ,and Y-wings were leaving Yavin4. In the first they just showed balls of light leaving the planet. In the new DVD's they added the closeups of the fighters leaving.....
I am SERIOUSLY looking for the older VHS version jsut because they were original.

daviesrobert

torao said:

The cinemas are like any other business... they're there to make money. They're not a charity servicing the needs of a few. The new releases will fetch top dollar... plain and simple.

Adamwankenobi

Hmm. Yes, I would like to see the films rereleased, but on the other hand, I wouldn't want the earnings of that to take away from the earnings of Indy 4.

And as far as a possible Special Editon of the films go... I liked it for Star Wars (with the exception of Greedo shooting first), as Star Wars is very effects heavy and fantastical. But the practical effects in the Indy films serve to their advantage in giving them that classic "quick and dirty" look that Lucas was going for.

Gustav

There was a theater here that showed free movies at midnight every Friday and Saturday over the summer. They showed The Shining, Snatch, Fight Club, A CLockwork Orange, Peewee's Big Adventure, Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Donnie Darko to name a few. Anyway, one night they gave everybody a list of films to choose from to show for the future midnight movies. They said to pick the top 5 films and number them 1-5, 1 being the film you wanted to see on the big screen most and there were two blank lines for you to write in your own suggestions. My suggestions were Jaws (#1) and they had Raiders of the Lost Ark already on the list so that was #2. They had a second column for marathons where you could vote on your favorite trilogy and they would show the three films all in one day. You could only vote for two. Of course I had The Indiana Jones trilogy as #1 and I gave my second vote to a mysterious "Steven Spielberg Marathon" hoping it would be Jaws, Raiders and Jurassic Park. The other choices they had were the Harry Potter films, the original Star Wars trilogy, the Alien trilogy, the Jurassic Park trilogy and the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I knew Alien wouldn't stand a chance against the others and I was pretty sure Indiana Jones wouldn't win because it has a relatively small fanbase. But I was positive nobody would be stupid enough to vote on Lord of the Rings. For one thing, it hasn't been that long since they were last seen on the big screen. And another reason was that these people were going to have to watch all these films in one day. That's at least 10 hours of nothing but Lord of the Rings. Well, guess what. I was wrong. And the franchise that came in second was Harry Potter so they showed that another weekend. You can imagine my frustration.

deckard24

For the life of me I don't know why they didn't rerelease Jaws in 2005 for the 30th anniversary. Indy and Jaws need to be brought back to the big screen in a big way! As a kid my family went to this small rural resort for a few summer vacations, and they had a movie room with a good size pull down screen. The clientele was mostly retired and elderly, so you can imagine there surprise when an 8 year old kid was showing Jaws and Raiders instead of On Golden Pond!

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Talk is that Lucas is dusting off those Special Indy-tions that he did a few years back for the DVD release. (but were canned by Steven) Time will tell if they ever see the light of day.

Dr.Sartorius

Probably not....unless.....

Yes! I knew it!

He's George Lucas! I knew it all along..:rolleyes:

Spying on these forums for all these years....